Review by roatanmama -- The Elf Archive - Book Two of th...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
roatanmama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roatanmama.html
Latest Review: The Cartel Crusher by Dan E. Hendrickson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by roatanmama -- The Elf Archive - Book Two of th...

Post by roatanmama »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Elf Archive - Book Two of the Magi Charter" by Jordan David.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Elf Archive by Jordan David is the second book in this series. Santa wants a wife, and it is up to the elves to find him one. They find a Russian woman who turns out to be extremely aggressive. Then they set him up with another woman who leads him head-first into a gang war. At the same time, the annual Reindeer Games are about to get underway. They are scheduled half way to Christmas so that all the elves can drop what they are doing to participate and attend. A few of the events are: sleigh driving, ski jumping, ice sculpting, snow fort building, and surfing - at the North Pole! This Santa is an avid surfer and has been teaching some of the elves how to surf.

Noel Night has been searching for five years for the elves’ library, which was hidden over a hundred years ago. He doesn’t know why or who did it, but he is determined to find it. This story takes you on a joyful sleigh ride to find answers to these questions. Will the elves find a wife for Santa? Will the Reindeer Games go off without a hitch? Will Noel ever find the Library? Read The Elf Archive and find out.

Jordan David does a wonderful job of bringing Santa and his elves to life. Each department has a different color hat: pink for Elf Services, silver for R & D, light green for Finance, and so on. The author chooses delightful names for the elves: Holly Ivy, White Christmas, Garland Joy, and New Snow, to name a few. It is fascinating to see how the author weaves a story of what goes on at the North Pole, where the Santas come from, and how elves become elves and find their way in their world.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I would love to be able to give it 4 out of 4, but there are just too many spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors. He uses composer when he means composure, perspective instead of prospective, relieve instead of relief, “yes clam” instead of yes, calm, and “after all the elves did not complain,” which requires a comma after “after all.” If the author would have someone copy-edit it properly before publishing the book, it would easily rate 4 stars.

However, even with these mistakes, I really love this book and its predecessor, The Elf Brief. It is filled with excitement, mystery, drama, and comedy. I highly recommend it to everyone of all ages. Parents can safely read this to their children. The Elf Archive by Jordan David is a wholesome story, told extremely well.

The Elf Archive - Book Two of the Magi Charter
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like roatanmama's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Testing
Bookshelf Size: 488
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Just wait until the third one! It gets even better... I promise! :)
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 687
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Hi, roatanmama! What an enjoyable review! Now, I really want to read these books. You and kandscreely have utterly convinced me. Santa Claus is coming to my town! :snowing-smiley:
roatanmama
Currently Reading:

Post by roatanmama »

Thank you for reading my review. It was such a fun read. Enjoy!
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1380
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: Refuge on the Mountain by Cornelia Feye

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

I laugh at your review when I read that Santa wants a wife. :lol: If that so, I am excited to more reviews on Santa's family. well. You have a nice review, I enjoyed it.
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
roatanmama
Currently Reading:

Post by roatanmama »

Thank you so much. Santa has particular elves that look for potential wives for a Santa, if he wants one, and the results are hilarious.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”