Review by elivia05 -- The Different Kinds Of Monsters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Re: Review by elivia05 -- The Different Kinds Of Monsters

Post by DorcasToo »

Am excited to know about all the demons in the title. Thanks for the review so descriptive.
rave_2
Currently Reading: A Word so Fitly Spoken
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rave-2.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by rave_2 »

Not really a fan of reading about people chased by dinosaurs, but this might be good for others. I definitely got a Jurassic Park kind of vibe just by looking at the cover.

Nice review.
Just reading... :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyinggray:
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
smc19
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 72

Post by smc19 »

The reviewer did a good job of making this an interesting story and identifying points that create possible contention. Sounds like an intriguing premise (humans and dinosaurs interacting across timelines stretching for millennia) and one that should generate endless possibilities for continuing the tale in a series. The Amazon sample was enough to hook the reader on following the events of those characters identified, both human and dinosaur. Good job!
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

Since I don't usually read sci-fi either, I was particularly interested in your review. The dinosaur angle is intriguing, and this really does sound like an unusual thriller!
WendyTay1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by WendyTay1 »

Well I'm not really a fan of Dinosaur stories but by reading the first few pages ,I've gotten a bit excited.I hope its a nice story till the end.
Mary WhiteFace
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Stranger in a Strange Land
Currently Reading: Elemental Magic
Bookshelf Size: 384
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-whiteface.html
Latest Review: Bravehorse Adventures by Louise Cleveland
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Mary WhiteFace »

Transitioning between time periods smoothly can be difficult. It's one of the things I look for in an historical fiction. The premise sounds exciting, a dinosaur that follows a familys' bloodline. Sounds a little scary too.

The adult contact makes me hesitate. I think it would be interesting to see a separate book that only includes the chapters about "...the life of a baby Allosaurus named "First." That book I would read.

The author seems to be very talented. Even though I won't be reading this one, I will look for other books he's written.

Thank you for your insightful review.💕
Callistus Ibenye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-callistus-ibenye.html
Latest Review: Concealment by Rose Edmunds

Post by Callistus Ibenye »

The reviewer did a good job in creating a detailed analysis of the book. Unfortunately, I not a fan of the genre. Therefore, I'll have to pass this one. Congratulations on being the Book of The Day.
Vscholz
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vscholz.html
Latest Review: Primrose’s Curse by Kiara Shankar, Vinay Shankar
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Vscholz »

Most times, adult content is erotic, so I'm intrigued by this story. I know that dinosaurs would be terrifying in real life, especially the carnivores, and I've seen enough movies showing the dangers of them (I'm looking at you, Jurassic Park franchise), but I'm still fascinated. It will be interesting to read the story of the Armitages AND of the Late Jurassic Period.
Jmar_la
Currently Reading: Toxic Side Effect
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jmar-la.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by Jmar_la »

I thought this was a very good book to read. The premise of a dinosaur from ancient times "loving" a human and following him and the family from place to place was intriguing. I don't usually like science fiction, but I would give this one a go.
Yoli García
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoli-garc-a.html
Latest Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Post by Yoli García »

I am glad this story changed your opinion of the science fiction genre. Thanks for the review.
"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

-Gabriel García Márquez
starshipsaga
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 2024
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starshipsaga.html
Latest Review: Secrets of the Dead by Murray Bailey

Post by starshipsaga »

Not sure if this is a book for me. I love science fiction and when I saw the dinosaur on the cover, I immediately wanted to check this one out, but after reading some reviews, the story sounds too confusing. I'm glad you enjoyed it though!
Callistus Ibenye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-callistus-ibenye.html
Latest Review: Concealment by Rose Edmunds

Post by Callistus Ibenye »

The reviewer did a good job in creating a detailed analysis of the book. Unfortunately, I not a fan of the genre. Therefore, I'll have to pass this one. Congratulations on being the Book of The Day.
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg »

I don't know why, but I love the name "Emily" for a dinosaur. The premise of the book sounds very unique and interesting. I am a little bit concerned about the explicit content warning, but I am interested to check this book out.
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Post by Mely918 »

Like you, I do not normally read sci-fi books either. However, your review makes me want to pick up this book immediately! I always love a well-written book with good imagery. The inclusion of mature topics, while heavy for some, would probably make me enjoy this book all the more. I also like the inclusion of prehistoric times. This story seems to have a lot of great components to it. Great job on your review!
jedreid
Currently Reading: Going Gone
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jedreid.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by jedreid »

great review! i'm really not into science fiction but present me something interesting and i'll definitely read it with enthusiasm. dinosaurs? well that is certainly interesting! those imagery that will make me feel as if i am in the book sounds more fun now. i'll be looking forward to getting and reading this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”