Review of Of Zots and Xoodles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nwansimdi Mercy Someze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwansimdi-mercy-someze.html
Latest Review: The Advent of Time by Indignus Servus

Re: Review of Of Zots and Xoodles

Post by Nwansimdi Mercy Someze »

This is a well-written review. From your review, I can see that it will be an interesting read.
Gerry Steen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Self Love : Journal Your Journey by Natalie Bears

Post by Gerry Steen »

Korir Kipchumba Victor wrote: 03 Jan 2024, 02:39 I read this book myself and I must admit this is hands down one of the best summaries about the book. The author truly takes us into a different dimensions with his creativity and choice of complex sentence structure that makes one read twice in order to comprehend. Thank you for your review, someone will have an idea as they choose to read it.
Hi, Korir, thank you for your feedback and compliment about my review. Have a great day! :techie-studyinggray:
Zanne Crystle
Favorite Book: Rules of Redemption (The Firebird Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zanne-crystle.html
Latest Review: Happy Endings by Jana Smith

Post by Zanne Crystle »

I really enjoyed reading your review of this book. Your insights into the author's unique writing style and the collaboration with the artist piqued my interest. As a neurotypical person with close connections to neurodivergent individuals, I appreciate the diverse perspectives that can be brought to storytelling. I'm definitely adding this one to my reading list!
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

Nwansimdi Mercy Someze wrote: 03 Jan 2024, 03:22 This is a well-written review. From your review, I can see that it will be an interesting read.
Hi, Nwansimdi, thank you for your feedback. Have a great day! :techie-studyinggray:
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

Zanne Crystle wrote: 03 Jan 2024, 09:21 I really enjoyed reading your review of this book. Your insights into the author's unique writing style and the collaboration with the artist piqued my interest. As a neurotypical person with close connections to neurodivergent individuals, I appreciate the diverse perspectives that can be brought to storytelling. I'm definitely adding this one to my reading list!
Hi, Zanne, thank you for your comments. That is great news for the author! Have a great day! :techie-studyinggray:
Esther Deekor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-deekor.html
Latest Review: Choices by Gary Markman

Post by Esther Deekor »

I have read this book and was challenged to think and do things beyond the norm and I must say that you have crafted a well-written review for this short book which I found complex and technical. Your review well sums up the book ad was exciting to read.
Anu Anand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-anand.html
Latest Review: The Fate of AI Society by Kenneth Hamer-Hodges

Post by Anu Anand »

Hi Gerry, I also had the opportunity to delve into "Of Zots and Xoodles" and found it to be a unique and intriguing read. While I personally encountered a bit of challenge in fully grasping some aspects of the book, it's heartening to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed the complexity of words and divergent ideas presented by Zarqnon the Embarrassed and Frank Louis Allen. Your review beautifully captures the essence of the book, and it's enlightening to see diverse perspectives on such creative works. Your insights added depth to my own reading experience, and I appreciate your eloquent take on this imaginative journey. Thank you for sharing this insightful review.
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

Esther Deekor wrote: 04 Jan 2024, 06:25 I have read this book and was challenged to think and do things beyond the norm and I must say that you have crafted a well-written review for this short book which I found complex and technical. Your review well sums up the book ad was exciting to read.
Hi, Esther, thank you for your comments. I do appreciate your input. :techie-studyinggray:
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

Anu Anand wrote: 04 Jan 2024, 09:33 Hi Gerry, I also had the opportunity to delve into "Of Zots and Xoodles" and found it to be a unique and intriguing read. While I personally encountered a bit of challenge in fully grasping some aspects of the book, it's heartening to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed the complexity of words and divergent ideas presented by Zarqnon the Embarrassed and Frank Louis Allen. Your review beautifully captures the essence of the book, and it's enlightening to see diverse perspectives on such creative works. Your insights added depth to my own reading experience, and I appreciate your eloquent take on this imaginative journey. Thank you for sharing this insightful review.
Hi, Anu, thank you for your comments. I am flattered that my insights added depth to your reading experience of this book. Have a nice day. :techie-studyinggray:
Abdullah Fawmi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abdullah-fawmi.html
Latest Review: Fantasy Man by Jean-Michel Desire

Post by Abdullah Fawmi »

you have written an amazing review of the book. I have read a few reviews of the book before. I can say that you have given the best summary of the book of all. I'm really intrigued with the concept this presents.
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

Abdullah Fawmi wrote: 05 Jan 2024, 03:19 you have written an amazing review of the book. I have read a few reviews of the book before. I can say that you have given the best summary of the book of all. I'm really intrigued with the concept this presents.
Hi, Abdullah, thank you for your comments. I appreciate them. :techie-studyinggray:
Sylianne
Currently Reading: Hunger of the Pine
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sylianne.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Sylianne »

I read several books written by autistic authors, and I find that each time is an opportunity to see how we are all similar in nature, but also helps to stay sensitive about individual differences. Your informative review showed that this book is also worth reading. I've already added it to my bookshelves. I also like the idea that the complex topic of the book is so richly illustrated. Thank you, Gerry, for the review.
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

Sylianne wrote: 06 Jan 2024, 16:30 I read several books written by autistic authors, and I find that each time is an opportunity to see how we are all similar in nature, but also helps to stay sensitive about individual differences. Your informative review showed that this book is also worth reading. I've already added it to my bookshelves. I also like the idea that the complex topic of the book is so richly illustrated. Thank you, Gerry, for the review.
Hi, Sylianne, I appreciate your feedback. Thank you. :techie-studyinggray:
Mari Thompson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mari-thompson.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Mari Thompson »

This doesn’t sound like a book I would like. Kudos on the thorough explanatory review. Thank you
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

Mari Thompson wrote: 06 Jan 2024, 22:45 This doesn’t sound like a book I would like. Kudos on the thorough explanatory review. Thank you
Hi, Mari, you are welcome. Thank you for your comment. :techie-studyinggray:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”