Review of My Trip To Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abriani H
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Re: Review of My Trip To Adele

Post by Abriani H »

Yeah, especially in our curriculum in Indonesia, sometimes even the history education doesn't really match with what happen. It still doesn't include the racial oppression that happens, they don't want to acknowledge it as the fault of the nation.
Stephen Christopher 1
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Hunger of the Pine
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

I'm a massive fan of Adele and always wonder about the story behind each song. It sounds fun that a book has been written to match the songs. I'm adding this to my list.
Harshitha Nayak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshitha-nayak.html
Latest Review: The In-Between by Christian Espinosa
2024 Reading Goal: 55
2024 Goal Completion: 67%

Post by Harshitha Nayak »

I totally had different take on this book. Personaly, I felt Doctor Yaser's Sins been pushed under the rug for compulsory happy ending kind and Mallika 's age bothered me a lot during their past encounters. By now looking at your review, if I revisit this book again I may have different perspectives to look.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

Stephen Christopher 1 wrote: 29 Apr 2024, 03:41 I'm a massive fan of Adele and always wonder about the story behind each song. It sounds fun that a book has been written to match the songs. I'm adding this to my list.
Sure. Thanks for replying here. This is a good book actually. Hope that you get an insightful experience while reading this
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Harshitha Nayak wrote: 30 Apr 2024, 23:24 I totally had different take on this book. Personaly, I felt Doctor Yaser's Sins been pushed under the rug for compulsory happy ending kind and Mallika 's age bothered me a lot during their past encounters. By now looking at your review, if I revisit this book again I may have different perspectives to look.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I agree in some point that maybe the age difference were too much. Hope that my review giving some fresh insight on this.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Uma gupta
Currently Reading: Broken Faith
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uma-gupta.html
Latest Review: The Employee Millionaire by H. J. Chammas
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by Uma gupta »

This review succinctly captures the essence of the book, highlighting its strengths while acknowledging any minor shortcomings, ultimately recommending it to a wide audience.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Uma gupta wrote: 01 May 2024, 07:41 This review succinctly captures the essence of the book, highlighting its strengths while acknowledging any minor shortcomings, ultimately recommending it to a wide audience.
Thank you for replying. I think we need to provide balanced comment between pro and cons, so that the reader can get a better experience when reading the book :D.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Tomi Ahmed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomi-ahmed.html
Latest Review: A Killer Within by Rosemarie B. Smith
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Tomi Ahmed »

Your insightful review of "My Trip to Adele" adeptly captures its unique fusion of storytelling and music, particularly in its integration of Adele's songs with the narrative. The characters' transformative journeys, such as Elias and Malika's, resonate with the complexities of human emotions and relationships. Your constructive feedback regarding the handling of sexual content and cultural references adds valuable insights for both potential readers and the author. Your favorite quotes beautifully encapsulate the story's philosophical depth, offering poignant reflections on faith and doubt. Overall, your review serves as a compelling recommendation for those seeking a captivating and thought-provoking read.
Tomi Ahmed
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Tomi Ahmed wrote: 02 May 2024, 10:23 Your insightful review of "My Trip to Adele" adeptly captures its unique fusion of storytelling and music, particularly in its integration of Adele's songs with the narrative. The characters' transformative journeys, such as Elias and Malika's, resonate with the complexities of human emotions and relationships. Your constructive feedback regarding the handling of sexual content and cultural references adds valuable insights for both potential readers and the author. Your favorite quotes beautifully encapsulate the story's philosophical depth, offering poignant reflections on faith and doubt. Overall, your review serves as a compelling recommendation for those seeking a captivating and thought-provoking read.
Thank you for your reply. I believe providing balanced comments and responses is important because as part of the indie publishing ecosystem, we need to help advance independent authors.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Cristina-Ioana Toader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-ioana-toader.html
Latest Review: Born in a Storm by Mark Carew

Post by Cristina-Ioana Toader »

Fantastic and comprehensive review! Your perspective is refreshingly distinct, as you share paragraphs from the book that left a strong impression on you. I find this approach quite intriguing; it offers a glimpse into your individuality, and I appreciate discovering what resonates with you.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Cristina-Ioana Toader wrote: 03 May 2024, 07:34 Fantastic and comprehensive review! Your perspective is refreshingly distinct, as you share paragraphs from the book that left a strong impression on you. I find this approach quite intriguing; it offers a glimpse into your individuality, and I appreciate discovering what resonates with you.
Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your enthusiasm and attention in reading my writings. I'm glad to help people have a better reading experience with detailed explanations. I also believe that providing balanced comments and responses is important because as part of the indie publishing ecosystem, we need to help advance independent authors.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Dalia Chf
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dalia-chf.html
Latest Review: Infinity by Catalina DuBois

Post by Dalia Chf »

After reading your review I can definitely say that we have had two completely different experiences while reading this book! I found it very depressing throughout and the only storyline that piqued my interest was Elias’ one, but in the end that ended in a very ambiguous way so it gave me no satisfaction! It’s so interesting seeing how people react differently to the same story! Great review!!
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Dalia Chf wrote: 03 May 2024, 17:10 After reading your review I can definitely say that we have had two completely different experiences while reading this book! I found it very depressing throughout and the only storyline that piqued my interest was Elias’ one, but in the end that ended in a very ambiguous way so it gave me no satisfaction! It’s so interesting seeing how people react differently to the same story! Great review!!
Thank you for your enthusiasm and attention in reading my writings. I'm glad to help people have a better reading experience with detailed explanations. Thanks for the opinion too. I think it's okay to us for having different thoughts on the issue
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Reasonably Foreseeable by James E Carroll

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

The thematic cohesion between the chapter titles, Adele's music, and the story itself is nothing short of brilliant. It's clear that the author put a lot of thought into every aspect of the book, creating a cohesive and immersive reading experience. Well done.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

EBERE WRITES COCEPT wrote: 04 May 2024, 06:28 The thematic cohesion between the chapter titles, Adele's music, and the story itself is nothing short of brilliant. It's clear that the author put a lot of thought into every aspect of the book, creating a cohesive and immersive reading experience. Well done.
Thank you for your enthusiasm and attention in reading my writings. I'm glad to help people have a better reading experience with detailed explanations.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”