Review of Enlightenment for the things that really matter

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3097
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Re: Review of Enlightenment for the things that really matter

Post by Kibet Hillary »

I would like to hear what the author said about religion, particularly his view on God. Still, the core messages of the book are relevant, and this is important when there is a growing tendency to amass and amass, without appreciating what we have. I look forward to the stories that are employed to teach these important tenets. Many thanks for the amazing review.
:tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Nisha DSouza
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Enlightenment for the things that really matter by Mark Gumbrell sounds like a philosophical book where the author shares the true meaning of a fulfilled life. He talks about changing our perspective of things that truly matter. In the absence of a sample or the book's copy on Amazon, I found the OBC review helped pique my interest in the book. Congratulations on the BOTD!
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Ejimma Chika Promise
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejimma-chika-promise.html
Latest Review: Happiness to the 10th Power by T. Calvin Ward

Post by Ejimma Chika Promise »

The part where children who are on the street looking for who to adopt and show them care really got to me. Thanks for an interesting review.
Benson Njau MUCHIRI
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Benson Njau MUCHIRI »

Fantastic review! I appreciated your insights on "Enlightenment for the Things That Really Matter." It actually a transformative read that offers valuable perspectives on life's priorities.
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: Ozone Therapy for the Treatment of Viruses by Marc J. Seifer

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

In today's book, the author, Mark Gumbrell, aims to impact lessons on living fulfilling lives on his readers through religious, philosophical and historical narratives.
Omobolanle Savage
Currently Reading: Words of Weedsdom
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

The way you captured the essence of "Enlightenment for the Things That Really Matter" by Mark Gumbrell is impressive. It sounds like a deep dive into meaningful themes like kindness, empathy, and the importance of gratitude, which are always relevant and inspiring.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Velocious Evolution by Ron Saetermoe

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

Mark Gumbrell's 'Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter' is a powerful and enlightening novel that challenges readers to rethink their perspectives on life and happiness. Gumbrell's incorporation of historical and philosophical stories adds depth and richness to the narrative, making it both engaging and thought-provoking. Congrats on the botd.
byrondsouza
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by byrondsouza »

Mark Gumbrell's "Enlightenment for the things that really matter" is a book with religious, historical, and philosophical stories. The author shares his experiences and draws the reader's attention to what really matters in life and how we need to treat all humans with kindness and compassion and this world will be so much better.Congrats on BOTD!!
Ajain12
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajain12.html
Latest Review: The Kovalenko Secret by Philip L Rettew

Post by Ajain12 »

"Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter" by Mark Gumbrell offers profound insights on empathy, kindness, and gratitude, navigating historical and philosophical realms with captivating storytelling. Highly recommended for spiritual seekers.
Nuru Menene
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominic-emezuru.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Nuru Menene »

This fabulous book offers captivating stories that promise to enlighten readers on the path to living a more fulfilled life. Though the desire for fulfillment is universal, a lack of true enlightenment can often make it feel elusive. However, the thematic threads woven throughout these narratives shine a light on the essential elements required for achieving a deeply meaningful existence. Whether through relatable characters navigating life's challenges or thought-provoking explorations of the human condition, the book provides the illumination and guidance so many of us seek to open our minds, inspire inner growth, and unlock our full potential for joy and purpose. For anyone yearning to transform their dreams of fulfillment into lived realities, this book provides an invaluable roadmap, utilizing the power of storytelling to help readers discover the keys to a more enriched, satisfied life.
Precious Anavheoba
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-anavheoba.html
Latest Review: Teacher by Robert Mitchell

Post by Precious Anavheoba »

Historical and philosophical reflections hmmmmm. I agree that a lot of times, a lot of people hold on to things that don't really matter. It takes deep thinking and wisdom to shed off the desire to keep holding on to the ephemerals in life.
Precious Amarachi Nzeakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-amarachi-nzeakor.html
Latest Review: Optimizing Your Gifts for Career Success by Ronald E Smiley

Post by Precious Amarachi Nzeakor »

I hope different families will draw from this book and review and begin to consider adopting children as an option, giving these children a home, love and care.
Joe Muriuki
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joe-muriuki.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Joe Muriuki »

This is a great review. I've not yet read the book but the reviewer has raised my desire to read it. I'm especially attracted to the book as the book enlightens me on the way all can contribute to a better world where everyone cares for the others. If you have not yet read the book let's together do it.
ken4512
Favorite Book: You Speak for Me Now
Currently Reading: The Adnentures of Amina al-Sirafi
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ken4512.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by ken4512 »

Thank you for your insightful review of Mark Grumbell's Enlightenment for the things that really matter.
I'm planning to read this novel because of its multifaceted approach to what matters in life. I like the challenge of reading a novel that is philosophical, using parables, and includes historical and religious content. I like the focus on the values of kindness, empathy, and compassion.
Congrats to the author for BOTD.
Ajain12
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajain12.html
Latest Review: The Kovalenko Secret by Philip L Rettew

Post by Ajain12 »

"Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter" by Mark Gumbrell is a compelling novel that explores themes of kindness, empathy, and fairness through historical and philosophical reflections. Despite minor faults in references, it earns a solid 5-star rating for its thought-provoking content. Recommended for fans of historical, religious, and philosophical novels.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”