Review by jeminah28 -- The Attuned by Gary B. Haley

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Review by jeminah28 -- The Attuned by Gary B. Haley

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Attuned" by Gary B. Haley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Prepare yourself to indulge with the journey of a nameless man, which is not like a fairytale adventure story of a man returning home. The Attuned by Gary B. Haley will entertain your curiosity of the title "attuned" as I am intrigued with it. This book is a combination of mysteries, the crooked scene, but with a relaxing beauty of nature.

The story was focused on a nameless man who is a criminal with a fake name Jim Winston; some people called him "Sciens" and "Odd Job," too. I'm preferred to call this man a "wounded man." His right arm was wounded by a bullet where Agent Carla and Detective Al helped him to move out in the desert. The latter people agreed to leave him in a Turkmenistan Campus called Kopetdag University, where they thought might be good for him.

The wounded man was ignored on the campus until a professor detected his appearance. Professor Jee set-up a meeting for the criminal's briefing. Jee's colleagues forced the wounded man of doing unlawfully for the University's benefit. The wounded man declined, which created havoc on the campus. Students were trying to kill him by throwing stones and chasing him as he ran away. Why? Did he kill somebody? The people in this place called him "Sciens" as well. Why?

Will Agent Carla and Detective Al help him again? Where are they? Why did they merely abandon him on the campus without any communication?

I am fascinated by the wounded man's journey in paddling his boat and steering his canoe. This part is the most intriguing part for me followed by his impressive dedication of hiking going home. I enjoyed devouring his camping activity because of his survival techniques against wildlife attackers.

What makes me doesn't like is when the nameless man will not show again for the next series of the book. Reading his life nudged me of being happy even in the most unpleasant times of life. I'm longing to follow through the upcoming series of this book.

The Attuned is suitable for adult readers of C/T/M/H genre only who have a wide understanding of a person's character. The topic included mass killing, stealing and cheating, which caused this book off to minor audiences. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because I did not notice any misspelled words. Apart from its excellent grammar, the topic was easy to follow using simple English. Each scene was well planned on creating suspense thrilling effects. Those parts indeed wanted me to finish reading it as early as it can be, but my vacant time was limited.

The Attuned
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like jeminah28's review? Post a comment saying so!
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Bienn
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bienn.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Bienn »

You are right! The word attuned intrigued me. I thought that it is connected to "attonement," but it's not. The meaning really happened in his life.
Remember :hand: to take a bath :liar: first before reading anything! :no-spoil: :? :lol:
Gloria Tohabru
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gloria-tohabru.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Gloria Tohabru »

Being able to control people with the mind it intriguing. I love your review and am sure to read this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”