Review by Salma M -- Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Salma M
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salma-m.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Review by Salma M -- Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by Salma M »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Gringo" by Dan "Tito" Davis.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Gringo by Dan Davis with Peter Conti is a remarkable true story of the fugitive life of Dan Davis. Davis was born in 1953 in South Dakota before the Internet and social media. He started using White Crosses, his first drug, in college. White Crosses is what we recently refer to as Crystal Meth. Davis starts selling White Crosses in school and is soon able to pay his parents mortgage. He later expanded his business by partnering up with a pharmaceutical company enabling him to make millions of pills, however, he gets into trouble with the law and was arrested.

Finding how hard it is to get a descent job as a felon, Davis ventures to marijuana. This leads to him having to flee to Mexico or face jail time and this is when the adventure truly begins.

What I loved most about Gringo is the knowledge it gave me of South America, both the people and the continent. The best part is when I got to learn about the Darien Gap, its location and what to expect if you are to tour there. According to Dan Davis, the Darien Gap is a hostile environment full of kidnappers, drug traffickers, wasps, thorns and basically everything else that is bad.

It was also fascinating to learn about each and every location Davis travelled to. The list includes Mexico, Guatemala, Panama, Cuba, Venezuela and many more. Before reading this book I did not know half of these places existed. My favourite part was when Davis and his wife went to Mumbai India.

I did not find anything that I disliked about this book. Apart from all the adventures of Davis, this book also talks about his romantic life, which was full of drama and somewhat interesting. I would recommend this book for those looking for an unbelievable true story adventure.

I give this book a 4 out of 4 stars. I loved every single bit of the book and found no typo, spelling or grammar errors. I think it was well edited. I urge you to put this book on your bookshelves.

Gringo
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Salma M's review? Post a comment saying so!
emeraldlaurice012
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeraldlaurice012.html
Latest Review: Poetic Thoughts of a Young Lion in the Asphalt Jungle by Steven Ederson Sr

Post by emeraldlaurice012 »

This was a good book filled with twists and turns, and the narrative was entertaining. His life story seems like fiction, lol. Nice review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”