Review by B Creech -- The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Rainbow’s End
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Review by B Creech -- The Biblical Clock

Post by Brenda Creech »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How old is the Universe? How old is the earth? How long has there been life on earth? What are the signs of the end of days? These are the age-old questions addressed in the chapters of the book The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan by Daniel Friedman and Dania Sheldon. For the past 800 years, men have tried to find answers to these questions. Through the study of the Genesis account of creation, and scientific calculations and research, Daniel Friedman's goal is to find the answer to the "science-scripture impasse" regarding these questions.

The Biblical Clock is written in three parts with part one focusing on "Beginnings and Timelines," by comparing scripture from the Genesis account of creation with the scientific account of the "Big Bang Theory." Part two covers the topic of "The End Of Days," highlighted by a fictitious story of how the authors' believe events 'could' happen. Part three, entitled "Beyond The Timelines," goes back to the beginning, reviewing how it all began and explaining how it all will end. Interwoven throughout the book are calculations and charts, showing various aspects of how Biblical creation and science are very closely related to estimating the age of the universe. Each chapter, (except chapter 10), begins with a personalized narration, followed by scientific evidence, taking the reader back through the theories of ancient times, and reviews how those theories compared with today's scientific findings. The personalized narrations help bring sages and scholars such as Sir Isaac Newton, Rabbi Isaac Luria, Phillip Henry Gosse, and others, to life for the reader.

The authors' map out a fascinating timeline which explains how the 6 days of creation, (from the book of Genesis), coincides with the Christian belief there will be 6,000 years from the creation of man to the end of days. The theoretical consensus is: the earth and the universe are billions of years old, while humanity has existed for less than 6,000 years. The scientific resources of this theory are a combination of research from the past 800 years, up to, and including current times. Although I do not agree with everything in the book, the information taken from both scripture and scientific analysis gives merit to many of the facts. The authors' have done an excellent job of ensuring the reader's understanding by the use of scientific calculations, charts, scripture, and pictures. There is a glossary of terms at the end for reader reference, as well as a detailed list of sources used in the research and writing of The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedman and Dania Sheldon.

Overall I found this book a fascinating and informative read! What I liked most was the narrations at the beginning of each chapter. I feel they help hold the reader's attention, and put a unique spin on an intricate topic. Chapter 10, the fictional story of how the end of days 'could' happen, was my favorite chapter. What I disliked most were the complicated mathematical equations! This in no way is a reflection on the authors, it is simply that I, personally, found them complicated!

I found The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan by Daniel Friedman and Dania Sheldon to be extremely well-edited. I found no typographical or grammatical errors. I am pleased to give this book 4 out of 4 stars.

I recommend The Biblical Clock to anyone who is interested in the age of the universe, and the biblical and scientific theories behind it. Also, anyone who has unanswered questions about the creation and the end of days may find answers within the pages of this well-written book! Many of my own questions were certainly answered!

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like B Creech's review? Post a comment saying so!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Chrystal Oaks
Favorite Book: The Favor
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 1197
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal-oaks.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chrystal Oaks »

It sounds like the authors did a great job presenting their views and made it understandable, minus the math equations. I look forward to reading this book. Thanks for the informative review!
We do not simply live in this universe. The universe lives within us.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson
maggi3
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggi3.html
Latest Review: Paper Doll by Caitlin Strommen

Post by maggi3 »

I like that the authors were able to combine religion and science. There’s a few sections of this book that I’m interested in, but overall it seems a bit too complicated. I don’t know how much of it I would actually understand, but I’m glad it’s able to help people answer these big questions. Thanks for the review!
Pronouns: they/them

:gay-rainbow:
Etienneza
Currently Reading: The Ancestor's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-etienneza.html
Latest Review: The Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Fallacy by H. Nattanya Andersen

Post by Etienneza »

A challenging duo ,combining the two pathways of thought.
An admirable achievement! Well done with BOTD.
Dylan921
Favorite Book: The Date Farm
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dylan921.html
Latest Review: Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick

Post by Dylan921 »

Thank you for your interesting review. But I’ll pass on this book.
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

I hope that my questions will be answered by this book too. This book sounds informative. Thanks for your review.
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 344
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: Bob and Bobbie and Other Short Stories by Derek Richard Fairey
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Diana Lowery »

I found your review because this book came up on the first ten. I enjoyed your honest evaluation. I am happy that the author included some narrative, but I would not have enjoyed the difficult equations.
Mandibvira
Currently Reading: Wilderness Cry
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Mandibvira »

Thank you for the interesting reviews,am inspired to read this book
Abiola Ojo
Favorite Book: The Biblical Clock
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Abiola Ojo »

First and Foremost., this is an interesting story of the universe, earth and humanity. Infact the writer analyze how each part of the book suits him. Right from the scientific research by scientists who come out with various mathematical calculations, observations and different conclusions.
Jack Ger
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Jack Ger »

Quite interesting, how an author would decide to bring together the most two contradicting beliefs into an understanding... Citing the works of the previous scientists, authors and philosophers and trying to understand them while at the same time uniting their work into an amicable piece, a real short on the arm. Thanks for the review. A read worth my time
danny bueno
Currently Reading:

Post by danny bueno »

This book are quite interesting, its all about the great story of the universe, earth and humanity.
Ruchi Raina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruchi-raina.html
Latest Review: House of Ashes by Margaret Blythe

Post by Ruchi Raina »

The book seems quite fascinating from what I have gathered from your review. The questions answered in the book are what we all have been inquiring about for a long time. Thanks for your review.
Ilze Herholdt
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Salt of the Earth
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ilze-herholdt.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos

Post by Ilze Herholdt »

Despite not understanding some parts of the book. I enjoyed the science and religion aspects and vies of it.
Agbovobor2
Currently Reading:

Post by Agbovobor2 »

Thank you for the interesting reviews,am inspired to read this book

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”