Review by zainherb -- The Sins of a Master Race

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Review by zainherb -- The Sins of a Master Race

Post by zainherb »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Sins of a Master Race" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

THE SINS OF A MASTER RACE by Matthew Tysz

After the ‘Turn’, an apocalyptic-like event that reduced the human population to less than one-third its original size, new human-like species have suddenly been appearing in different places all over the world. Some have wings with which they fly and some have scales in place of hair and are good miners. They all claim the god, ‘Marat’, is responsible for their sudden appearance on earth. Marat has a plan to replace humans on earth with gods and his new creatures. Marat is the god of another world, the next world where he makes human souls suffer for their past sins while they were on earth.

Two cousins, Aurora and Maron Defury have come from Marat’s world, with god-like powers, to try to stop Marat’s plans. The cousins proceed to kill as many of the different gods on earth as they can find. They also find and convince Scholar and Ashley, the hero-assassins to go to Marat’s world and kill him, in order to free the suffering human souls there and to save the human race from destruction a second and final time.

The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz is the third book in the ‘The Turn’ series. It can be read and understood without having read the first two books; however, reading them will help the reader understand the plot better. The Sins of a Master Race is a book full of suspense and intrigue. The plot is well crafted and is full of unexpected twists designed to blow the reader’s mind. This isn’t a surprise though, as Matthew Tysz is the author of some of the best fantasy novels I’ve read so far. In addition, the characters are well developed and the book has been well edited.

What I particularly like about the book is the way the characters are flawed, especially the two heroes, Scholar and Ashley. I appreciate how the heroes do not have to be even close to perfect in order to make the right decisions and be selfless, and that tells us that even heroes can be full of flaws just like everyone else. I liked every part of the book and could not find a single part that I disliked. I can hardly wait to read the next book in the series.

Readers who love fantasy are going to enjoy reading this book very much. It is an amazing read that will leave the reader wanting more. I do not recommend it to underage readers though, as there is quite a bit of violence as well as a lot of disturbing scenarios described. There is also a lot of sexually explicit language used.

I rate this book, three stars out of four. I give three stars and not two, because of the well-developed characters, interesting plot and good editing. I do not give four stars because I thought the book ended a bit abruptly, I would have liked a bit more closure before the book ended.

The Sins of a Master Race
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like zainherb's review? Post a comment saying so!
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzo-reviews.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

Perfect heroes are always boring and cliché for me. I think that's a plus to the author. Great job you did here.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”