Review by InStoree -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival und...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ccundall2130
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Nora Roberts
Currently Reading: Atonement to a Greater God
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ccundall2130.html
Latest Review: Should I" Go Walkabout" in Australia by John Timms
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 3258

Re: Review by InStoree -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival und...

Post by ccundall2130 »

This books sounds very interesting. I was intrigued from the start. I love fantasy adventure stories and I’m excited to read more from this young author. I’m sure this book and the rest of the series will be a great one.
Katherine Smith
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 524">Nancy Drew</a>
Currently Reading: The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe
Bookshelf Size: 504
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-smith.html
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Reading Device: B01KVZV52A

Post by Katherine Smith »

Your review is thoughtful and well written. I like that in this particular book there are both magical and human characters which is a rarity for fantasy books. I also like that the author included a map of the area so you could follow along as you read the story. For some people, the short sentences are a drawback, but for me I enjoy this style of writing.
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Verna Coy
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-verna-coy.html
Latest Review: The Fate of AI Society by Kenneth Hamer-Hodges

Post by Verna Coy »

This sounds like a well-written story with great depth of detail. It's nice that the few grammatical errors did not affect its score. Thanks for a great review!
jackielee47516
Currently Reading: Pioneer Girl
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jackielee47516.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by jackielee47516 »

Your review has definitely sold me on reading the book! Thank your for such a detailed and thorough look. I think the book sounds like a great read and I would read the series. I love when an author's creative and unique vision pours out onto the pages of a book, as it seems is the case with this writer and his story. I am looking forward to reading this book.
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

I do not usually read science fiction so I'll skip this one, but I am glad that you liked reading it. Congrats to the author on the 4/4 rating.
Liana Mayhew
Favorite Book: The Orb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liana-mayhew.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Liana Mayhew »

I am really into my sci-fi and mystery. I will have to give this one a read. Thank you for your review.
lavellan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavellan.html
Latest Review: encoded by Richard Nedbal

Post by lavellan »

Thanks for your review! I'm curious to see the differences between the Lands of the Princes and Voulhire. I also appreciate that the book was suspenseful and action-packed. I wonder what is the cause of the tension between Midius and King Wilhelm.
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this seems like an interesting science fiction story following one young man who moves to his Uncle's home to escape his war torn land and is made owner of his Uncle's business all while dealing with the corrupt government of the land. It seems like it is worth a second look. Well done.
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

A fantasy tale that talks about a refugee landing in the kingdom of Voulhire sounds interesting. However, this isn't scary I'm looking to read now!
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 509
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

I think that this review is great; it provided much insight into the book. The review mentions the Game of Thrones due to the similarity. I have never read the Game of Thrones as I was never interested in it, so I do not think that I would enjoy this book that much. I will give it a pass. Thank you for the informative review! :)
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Wyland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wyland.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by Wyland »

This sounds like a great book to read for those into fantasy. For me what hooked me is the realistic way the author has presented the kingdom of Voulhire. Nice review.
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

This book is the first of ten novels? Wow! I like how you described that the story was suspenseful and kept you guessing what would happen next. The sci-fi, fantasy, and magic all would make it so anything could happen. Galen goes to Valhire to start a better life away from The Land of the Princes where there is war, but it sounds like he may be in the middle of an uprising with the first knight in conflict with the King of Voulhire. Nice review!
Karina Nowak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karina-nowak.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Karina Nowak »

I hear you about the sentences being short and to the point. It is a writing style that I have seen in a lot of fictional crime and police novels, but I wonder with a fantasy world where you need to draw the reader in to see what you see if it can still work. Thanks for the review.
OliviaLouise
Currently Reading: Americanah
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olivialouise.html
Latest Review: Pipo's Flag by Vic Cabrera

Post by OliviaLouise »

This book seems to have elements of fantasy, which isn’t my cup of tea. Great review!
SMCedillo1115
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by SMCedillo1115 »

This book sounds absolutely fascinating. Although I’ve never been one for science-fiction, the plot to this story and the idea that I can follow a map to help me understand where it would all be taking place really piques my interest.

I’m not worried about the sentence structure or the grammatical errors noticed since the review did state that they did not deter him from reading the book. The fact that it’s going to be a series worries me though because I tend to lose interest in sequel-type books. However looking forward to reading this installment.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”