Review by jeminah28 -- The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Review by jeminah28 -- The Reel Sisters

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The intense sounds of Arkansas river unites groups of women. Rose and her dear friends were fishing trout in the breeze of the day. "Ugghh!" Suddenly, a scream was heard nearby. Standing in awe, Sophie can't believe seeing a beautiful tattooed living creature. Having left astounded, Amanda and Veronica notice bizarre actions of their beloved friend, Rose. From a terrible shock, consternation happens to the group, while Melody regains her balance.

All the girls, highly respected Rose because of her motherly concern. Worthy of respect, Sophie, Amanda, Veronica and Melody fondly likes her. Assuming, Rose leads the group, she magnetizes the attention of each girl. Rose begins her story, which brought changes in her audience as the story progress. Sophie maintains a greenhouse and abundantly supply fresh crops in Veronica and Thacher's restaurant. She learns to rekindle her happiness, when she has a good catch, but not a trout or any kind of fish. Veronica, the city girl, ventures on empowering intelligent women, overcomes fear. In addition, a heart-wrenching story of Amanda strengthens the fate of the group; she is a school teacher and a devoted mother. Consequently, Melody, just think about her name.

Reel Sisters, by Michelle Cummings, is an enormous journey of five women, simply bonded in a sport called Fly Fishing. Engrossed enthusiastically with the author's encouragement, particularly for women, either rich or average people, youth or adults, are all welcome to the club of Fly Fishing. If you have a backyard, take a rod, a bamboo or synthetic rod will do. Try to strike with a perfect cast. Are you inclined to go fishing, tie a fly, and cast it on the water with your own technique? Take a look at this book and explore why you need to do it first in your backyard.

Women rarely do fly fishing, but right this time, women love this sport. Indeed, Michelle Cummings' tale ushers you to this sport. Give this game a try, calmness, perseverance and patience will develop as you do it. Michelle includes a guide of fly fishing, which was simple and easy to follow. Plus, the proper mechanics of fly fishing were presented throughout the novel. Tying a fly has a soothing effect to the fishers, like Parachute Adams, Wooly Bugger, Two-bit Hooker, and Bitch Creek, to name a few. I love watching the video tutorials on these nymphs as emphasized in the novel.

The setting of the novel deserves 4 out of 4 stars, and I cannot cite any negative aspects, except for the minor errors below. Michelle, neatly woven this classic tale without any typos, and the book looks professionally edited, I only notice minor mishaps on commas. The diary type of writing is quite unique, which is easy to follow. Moreover, amiable characters consider this novel a terrific read, too. Firstly, Rose's character compels with wisdom. Secondarily, Sophie's strong personality serves as a reminder in decision-makings. Thirdly, Veronica's attachment in assisting women serves as a guide in entrepreneurial ventures. Lastly, read this book and you will notice how the remaining girls able to change your goals in life. Momentarily, the novel suits to women in any walks of life.

Furthermore, Reel Sisters remains a thought-provoking story in reaching the climax; readers will discern a remarkable line in the novel, which gives you time to reflect. If you think an expensive rod will carry out a nice catch, check also your motives in doing so. To my amazement, the book is not merely about fly fishing. Check it out and discover!

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
LauraLeeWasHere
Favorite Author: Jess Lederman
Favorite Book: David Copperfield
Currently Reading: Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauraleewashere.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
fav_author_id: 164792

Post by LauraLeeWasHere »

Yours is the third review for this book that I have read and I think I am starting to bend a little.
If you think an expensive rod will carry out a nice catch, check also your motives in doing so. To my amazement, the book is not merely about fly fishing. Check it out and discover!
There is something unique and almost enticing about the way you review a book. The amount of time you invest into it and your "between the lines" talent have at last made me succumb. This book is now on my To-Read shelf. And what's more, I'm quite sure that as long as you are writing reviews, I will be reading them.

Sincerely, Laura-Lee
And they sang a new song saying,
"You are worthy to take the book,
and to open its to seals,
for You were slain and have redeemed us to God,
by your blood, out of every tribe and tongue and people and Nation." Rev. 5:9
NKJ & KJV
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

If you have a backyard, take a rod, a bamboo or synthetic rod will do. Try to strike with a perfect cast
Had me thinking back to when I read the book! Your review is quite intriguing, the women phenomenal. Each adds onto the story, from a different status. Great review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Nehal Mitna
Favorite Book: The Champagne Tales
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nehal-mitna.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Nehal Mitna »

This is a nicely written review!! Thankyou for sharing!
Harry Benjamin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harry-benjamin.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Harry Benjamin »

Friendship requires love to keep it strong. These five ladies genuinely loved one another.
Victor Nnamdi_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor23nnamdi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Victor Nnamdi_ »

This review sheds more light on friendship and the authors teaching on fly fishing. Great review.
Peace Eze
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-eze.html
Latest Review: Higher Connections by Eric Right and Alexandra Right

Post by Peace Eze »

Friendship is one thing I enjoy. I’m glad I read this book beca It taught me more about friendship.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”