Review by Dylan921 -- Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dylan921
Favorite Book: The Date Farm
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dylan921.html
Latest Review: Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick

Review by Dylan921 -- Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Dylan921 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Devil Among Us" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Devil Among Us is a very intense action thriller. This is the second book in a four book series, it can also be read as a stand-alone novel.

Saul Bar-Lev sits in his seat as the final Hebrew word is spoken. The elder Ben-Lev mumbles something unintelligible, takes a deep breath and presses a button under his coat. The Brooklyn synagogue is leveled by an explosion on Yom Kipper. Hundreds are killed or maimed and the investigation indicates Jewish members are responsible. But why? Three families could be involved. The FBI arrives to investigate and FBI Special Agent Lara Edmond, member of the joint terrorist task force and Uri Levin a Mossad agent are very happy to work together again. They must unravel this terrorist plot.

After following leads to Waco, Texas, they find out that Islamic terrorists are behind the synagogue bombing. And this could have much larger, international implications.

A lot of characters are involved from President Seymour, Hadley Parkinson the acting chief of police to a group of anti-Semitic terrorists. Israel does not want a repeat of the 1968 or 1973 wars. They want their land that they fought hard for.

Our main characters are Uri and Lara. These two are just meant to be together. They work well together, both are very smart and have a very good sense of humor, a trait badly needed in their line of work.

When reading, you have more and more questions come into the picture. Why is there widespread hatred of all the Middle Eastern countries towards Israel? What does a Brooklyn bombing have to do with this? Uri and Laura have their hands full trying to figure everything out.

Jack Winnick’s knowledge of the Middle East is quite incredible. He keeps his readers on the edge of their seats. There is so much going on with terrorists, kidnappings, bombings, violent fights and attacks from the skies. You really can’t put this novel down. It’s definitely a page-turner.

This book is not meant for everyone. There are violent and graphic fight scenes. Accordingly, I would not recommend this book for young readers. I do recommend it to mature readers who love a page-turning suspense novel. It is very well written and professionally edited. I found minimal errors. I give this novel 4 out of 4 stars. And I’m looking forward to reading book three.

Devil Among Us
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
[Danielle]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielle.html
Latest Review: The Global Reconstruction Project by S. Cotton

Post by [Danielle] »

I'm not usually a huge fan of thrillers, but this sounds like an interesting read. I may have to give it a chance.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Princepetr
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-princepetr.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Princepetr »

Reading this comments , this book sounds very interesting . The reviewer did a good job , I’m able to get the writers point of view.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 446
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

This must be a quite an action packed thriller and features Lara and Uri. All books in the series are interesting. Thanks for your insightful review.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

When the main characters are well developed the book can only be great.
DANAWEB
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danaweb.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by DANAWEB »

An action thriller about Islamic terrorists , bombs, and international espionage. This is one of my favorite genres. Thank you for the detailed review!
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 86108
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1368%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

book 2 of lara and uri book series synagogue is leveled by an explosion injuring many lara and uri team up to bring the culprit to justice ..

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”