Review by Elvis Ondijo -- Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Elvis Ondijo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-ondijo.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Review by Elvis Ondijo -- Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Elvis Ondijo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Killing Abelby Michael Tieman is a biblical novel talking about stories in the Bible especially in the book of Genesis.

Michael begins the book by narrating about Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden, the fall of man when they ate the forbidden fruit after Eve had been convinced by Lucifer, God proclaimed curse to human race after the disappointment.He continues to narrate Adam's family after being chased out of the garden of Eden, Adan and Eve breaks up and they all go different ways, When Adam was alone he learns how to swim which he later teach Eve after their reconciliation.The author narrates the Genesis story up to the time of Noah and the ark during the flood.

I agree with the review written in the first pages of the book that the book is written in the premises that God is free and that neither you nor I can force God's hand;that neither you nor I can bear up against what is true in attempt to make God to be something to fit our own misconception-conception that are not based on God's action, which I found to be true.

Killing Abel is a 440 paged novel with an average of 250 words per page, with easily understood language.
The book contains various types of themes which are spread all over the book for example themes of marriage,betrayal and friendship.

Michael Tieman style of writing is vividly description as he could properly describe every event in the book, the story was well-structured and the writing was impeccable.These made for an easy and enjoyable read.The character development was a thing of beauty, as Adam was well introduced at the beginning of the book.

The character development was a thing of beauty, as Adam was well introduced at the beginning of the book.Killing Abel is also free from any erotic scene and profane language.
Michael Tieman made each chapter to be a build up of the other,and I found all the chapters to be interesting.The reference verses from the bible were also correctly quoted.The book was written skillfully and intelligently.

I am unable to name anything I dislike or suggest any improvement to this enlighten book, though I only found it to be based on Christianity, based on one religion.

I comfortably rate Killing Abel 4 out of 4 starsmy dislike are only because of my personal taste and may not affect other readers.I recommend the book to any Christian, though this might not be the best book for other religions because it's purely based on the bible.

Killing Abel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

I don't think I'll enjoy biblical books. Thanks for the review though
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Phelicia Gloria
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phelicia-gloria.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Phelicia Gloria »

I read this book some time back, it's seems to be spiritual book though the title suggests that it's more of thriller novel, otherwise thanks for commenting on my review.
Absence of evidence is never an evidence of absence
Tonika632
Currently Reading: White Night
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonika632.html
Latest Review: Chemicals and Christians by Martha McLaughlin

Post by Tonika632 »

I am not a fan of biblical fiction, so I am passing this one. Great review!
Kanda_theGreat
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanda-thegreat.html
Latest Review: Born To Survive by Kylie-Anne Evans

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

I enjoyed reading this book. Your analysis is also very impeccable.
Thsnk you for the review.💫
Bet on Me! :idea:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”