Review by Analyze -- The McCoys Before The Feud

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Analyze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-analyze.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
Reading Device: Ipad

Review by Analyze -- The McCoys Before The Feud

Post by Analyze »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The McCoys Before The Feud" by Thomas McCoy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

”The McCoys Before The Feud” is the first novel in a stunning trilogy written by Thomas Allan McCoy. It has been inspired by real events, and has a captivating narration throughout the book. The author is a descendent of the reputed family of McCoys, and he writes in his book about the infamous feud that existed in the past between the Hatfields and the McCoys. He explains the significance this feud has had in shaping history, and moulds the story with a flawless flow.

The story is set during the dark period of the American Civil War. In order to help finance the high costs of the war, the leaders of the Government and the Northern Army Generals came up with a seize and sell order. The Northern military men consequently raided the Southern families - capturing plantations, looting businesses, pillaging homes, and murdering innocent people. These soldiers were backed by General Thomas Ewing, a powerful and corrupt man, who kept a large portion of the acquired wealth for himself.

This news reached the McCoys, who were enraged. They swore to get the wealth from him because they believed that it was rightfully theirs. After some inquiry, they got ahold of the location of the riches and came up with a cunning plan. I enjoyed this part of the book and eagerly awaited for their plan to come into play.

Several soldiers joined their party, and eventually, they had a strong number for them to proceed with the plan. About thirty of the soldiers banded together and executed the plan. They were incredibly skilled and what impressed me the most was that neither did they kill anyone nor did they get killed during the whole operation. The solideres displayed sportsmanship and had their unity and integrity throughout the operation.

I will leave it to the readers to find out if their mission was a success or not. The ending was pleasant and I can’t wait to read the rest of the books in the series.

It is evident that the author has put much of his hard work and researched deeply about the historical events revolving around this book. I was on the edge of my seat for most of the book and held my breath in awe of what was to come next. The author has portrayed his characters in a realistic manner and has not oversaturated them. His writing is elegant and fit for historical descriptions. I wish that he had dived deeper into the characters as I believe that some of their personalities were underdone, but it was excellently done none the less. I personally found the book very inspiring and believe that it is worth reading for the historical aspect of it, as it had been a treat reading it from a different perspective.

In conclusion, The McCoys Before The Feud was a fast paced book with exhilarating turns along the way. I recommend it to readers who prefer the genres history and thriller. I rate this gripping novel 4 out of 4 stars.

The McCoys Before The Feud
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Maconstewart
Favorite Book: East Wind, 2nd edition
Currently Reading: Black Beach
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maconstewart.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Maconstewart »

Analyze wrote: 02 May 2020, 07:26

The McCoys Before The Feud was a fast paced book with exhilarating turns along the way. I recommend it to readers who prefer the genres history and thriller.

I have seen this on other reviewers lists, but have never looked at it. Your description of the book has piqued my interest. It does sound like an exciting read. I'm putting it on my "to read"shelf. Nice review!
Lisa

My greatest accomplishment is that I raised two daughters that love to read.
:techie-reference: :techie-reference:
Analyze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-analyze.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
Reading Device: Ipad

Post by Analyze »

Thank you for the response.
Emily_Jen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-jen.html
Latest Review: Social Media Marketing Strategy by S. M. H. Gibson

Post by Emily_Jen »

This book should be nice to read. I mean, the author is a descendant of one of the families that took part in the feud. It would be interesting to see how the feud shaped them in particular and history at large. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”