Review by Wuoketch -- The Mindset by Ace Bowers

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Wuoketch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 222
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wuoketch.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Review by Wuoketch -- The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Wuoketch »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Mindset" by Ace Bowers.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Mindset by Ace Bowers is non-fiction motivational memoir that describes the life history of Ace Bowers who is the main protagonist in the book. Ace tells about the challenges he faces, from being raised in a poverty stricken family to being a millionaire.

Bowers starts by narrating his childhood life and from this I can assert that it was indeed from rags to riches. Being the last born in the family, he decided to break the circular argument by moving from a janitor to a silicon valley millionaire within a period of five years. Bowers came from a medium family where the parents would fight frequently before the kids, this ashamed Ace and could not let his friends visit him especially at night.

After school Bowers got a job in a motel where he earned 6 dollars per hour, he was never discouraged by the low wage he earned and continued working hard. Bowers finally sets on the love of his life when he meets Yuka a Japanese girl who became his roommate and later soulmate despite their difference in ethnicity. Yuka became pregnant while Bowers was still wallowing in poverty described by the many debts that surrounded him. These two letter words, "am pregnant" was a wake up call for them as he would now think in a different direction. He had to assume the responsibility of parenthood. Bowers soldier on until he worked for google one of the top firm in the world.

The Mindset is a 120 paged book containing 250 words in each page that has been divided into 10 chapters, and each chapter is a close up of the other. Marriage, poverty, friendship and death are among the themes that Ace Bowers uses in his book.

Bowers uses simple, clear vocabularies and has some sense of humour that would keep me glued to the book whenever I was reading. This made me like the book more. Paragraphing and spacing of words was also more appealing. The book could also act as an eye opener to someone who may probably be giving up, he,she may be motivated that hard work pays.

I can't mention any dislike in the book, and I never came across any typo in the book and would proudly say that The Mindset is not for a specific religion, it can also be read by everyone, including the kids as there is no erotic scene or profane language.

I choose to rate The Mindset 4 out of 4 starsI give it full rating because I never met any dislike, and I would recommend this book to anyone who gets inspired by motivational memoirs.

The Mindset
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Phelicia Gloria
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phelicia-gloria.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Phelicia Gloria »

I also read this book, and I liked Ace view on abortion, I like how you did elaborate on that, well done Wuoketch.
Absence of evidence is never an evidence of absence
Wuoketch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 222
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wuoketch.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Wuoketch »

Phelicia Gloria wrote: 05 Jun 2020, 14:54 I also read this book, and I liked Ace view on abortion, I like how you did elaborate on that, well done Wuoketch.
Thanks Phelicia

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”