Review by Anthony__ -- Devil in False Colors

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Review by Anthony__ -- Devil in False Colors

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Devil in False Colors" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Discrimination is found everywhere in the world. It occurs amongst countries, ethnic groups, and even religious groups of the same faith.

Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick illustrates these divisions seen in religious and ethnic groups. The story shows a plot made by Iranian Prime Minister, Feroze Abbasi, to wipe out the Jewish and Sunni Muslims' communities while delivering a massive blow to the United States of America.

Uri Levin (Mossad's famous assassin) and Lara Edmond (FBI agent) were in Los Angeles to investigate a criminal case (the death of five children) at a preschool in Beverly Hills. Uri travels under the guise of an Israeli businessman, Uri Cohen, to Los Angeles. Later, he goes undercover as Mohammed Azizi under the alias of Farid Refai to infiltrate the Muslim community. Meanwhile, Lara goes undercover as Lisa Johnson, an unmarried woman. Moreover, Iran wants to achieve full nuclear capability with the help of the Russians. Will Iran start World War III by threatening the United States of America?

I love the way the writer described the events in the book; he gave a detailed explanation of things that occurred. For example, I admire how he described the attack on the Sunni Mosque. Also, the attack on the Jewish congregation on the "Purim" festival day was detailed to show how the plan went amiss from an inconsequential event.

Jack Winnick's conceptualization portrays the level of discrimination amongst humans in the world. I admire how the author was able to show how people justify violence when they become religious fanatics. There are great life lessons to learn from this fictional storyline.

The characters are well-developed, and Lara is my favorite. She is bold, brave, and passionate. Lara voluntarily agreed to go undercover despite seeing a video of an abused woman by the extremists. Many people would have bolted after watching that video, but she carried on more fiercely and dedicated her entire resources to stop the attacks.

The book is flawless and well-written. The sentences are simple and neat in a way that anyone could easily understand it at first glance. Overall, I rate Devil in False Colors 4 out of 4 stars because it has a real-life setting. I admire how the author used the description of places, languages, and historical events to create a realistic plot. Furthermore, Lovers of international thrillers will enjoy this book. Moreover, there is nothing I dislike about this thrilling novel.

Devil in False Colors
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

I have read and reviewed the first book of this series, and I enjoyed it very much. This is in my to read list. Thanks for your great review!
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

I have read and reviewed the first book of this series, and I enjoyed it very much. This one is in my “to read” list. Thanks for your great review!
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 87082
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1466%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

Book(3) of Lara and uri book 📖 series murderous attack at LA followed by multiple terrorist activities that cause destruction the secret agent find ISIS to be behind it ..
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 87082
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1466%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

book 3 of lara and uri series terrorist attack jewish schools in California lara and uri team up to bring the enemy of the usa to justice
Miriam Ratemo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61

Post by Miriam Ratemo »

have read and reviewed the first book of this series, and I enjoyed it very much. This one is in my “to read” list. Thanks for your great review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”