Review by moowshiri -- The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
moowshiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moowshiri.html
Latest Review: The Kings Death by Ed Cannon

Re: Review by moowshiri -- The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by moowshiri »

Rwill0988 wrote: 02 Jun 2020, 19:09 Thank you for this insightful review. I was on the fence about reading The Fox and now am going to put it on my to read list. I enjoy the first person and the use of mythology. Did you find there was a lot of mythology incorporated into the story?
The mythology in the book was a lot, I'm sure you'll get to find and learn quite a lot of it from the book. Thanks for stopping by.
moowshiri
Currently Reading:

Post by moowshiri »

Reubeney wrote: 27 May 2020, 06:01 I'm intending to read this book and I appreciate for the brief review. I now have a glimpse of what to expect in the book.
I'm 100% sure that you're gonna love the book upon reading it. Thanks for stopping by.
moowshiri
Currently Reading:

Post by moowshiri »

Caffrey_19 wrote: 02 Jun 2020, 14:22 I understand this book reveals the Greek mythology to the audience. I love to explore diverse cultures and experiences. This book, from your review, seems like a good read. Nice work.
Yes, it's a very nice read. Having in mind your love for diverse cultures, I think this is the perfect book for you. Thanks for stopping by.
moowshiri
Currently Reading:

Post by moowshiri »

docfatima wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 22:05 Reading a historical fiction and that to a lengthy one seems to be a daunting task. Your review makes me feel that I should give this book a try. Nice review.
Yes, it's a very daunting task, one that's not for the weak-hearted. Do give the book a try I'm sure you'll like it. Thanks for stopping by.
book_fanatic_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-fanatic.html
Latest Review: Wonder by Jon Trovato

Post by book_fanatic_ »

I've read some stories related to Greek mythology and they were quite exciting. I think I might be interested in this one too. Thanks for the detailed review.
She read books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live. - Annie Dillard
Latest Review: Wonder by Jon Trovato
Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adanna-inya.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe v morrow

Post by Adanna Inya »

It will be nice to learn a thing about the ancient Greece. With the book perfectly done, I look forward to reading.
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

I can understand finding the names difficult to understand. I've run into that a few times with writing on different cultures. It sort of goes with the territory though. This sounds like an indepth read! Great review!
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
Jlblawrence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jlblawrence.html
Latest Review: We Don't Just Eat Lettuce! by Allyn Raifstanger

Post by Jlblawrence »

I love historical fiction about this time period! This book sounds fantastic.Thank you for the review.
moowshiri
Currently Reading:

Post by moowshiri »

book_fanatic_ wrote: 03 Jun 2020, 10:52 I've read some stories related to Greek mythology and they were quite exciting. I think I might be interested in this one too. Thanks for the detailed review.
Do give it a try I'm quite sure it's not gonna disappoint you. Thanks for stopping by.
Damis Seres Rodriguez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damis-seres-rodriguez.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Damis Seres Rodriguez »

I am not the greatest fan of first person narrative, but this one was surprisingly good indeed. Thanks for the review!
moowshiri
Currently Reading:

Post by moowshiri »

damis wrote: 15 Jun 2020, 14:46 I am not the greatest fan of first person narrative, but this one was surprisingly good indeed. Thanks for the review!
It was an amazing read, do give it a try and I'm sure it won't disappoint you. Thanks for the comment.
moowshiri
Currently Reading:

Post by moowshiri »

Jlblawrence wrote: 04 Jun 2020, 23:29 I love historical fiction about this time period! This book sounds fantastic.Thank you for the review.
It is super fantastic, give it a try soon and you'll see the results. Thanks for stopping by.
moowshiri
Currently Reading:

Post by moowshiri »

Letora wrote: 04 Jun 2020, 11:17 I can understand finding the names difficult to understand. I've run into that a few times with writing on different cultures. It sort of goes with the territory though. This sounds like an indepth read! Great review!
I'm happy to find someone who can identify with that problem. It is indeed an in-depth read, try it out soon. Thanks for stopping by.
moowshiri
Currently Reading:

Post by moowshiri »

Adanna Inya wrote: 04 Jun 2020, 00:29 It will be nice to learn a thing about the ancient Greece. With the book perfectly done, I look forward to reading.
Yes, there's a whole load of things to learn from the Greeks in this book. Thanks for the comment.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”