Review by Sam Ibeh -- Cell Biology For Babies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Review by Sam Ibeh -- Cell Biology For Babies

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cell Biology For Babies" by Dr. Haitham Ahmed.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How do you teach children an intricate subject like cell biology and not risk losing them along the way? I think one of the answers is to use Cell Biology for Babies by Dr. Haitham Ahmed. This book covers the essential things a child needs to know about cell biology.

This book would help parents and teachers effectively teach their kids cell biology. I know how difficult it is to teach children subjects of this nature. I remember when one of my favorite nieces came to spend the summer holidays with me. Having a good foundation of sciences, I decided to teach her Newton's laws of motion. I tried a couple of texts but only made little progress with her. I had to get some videos that she repeatedly watched before we made any significant headway. I'm sure if I had laid my hands on a book like this, my job would have been easier. To this end, I highly recommend that every teacher and parent get this book for their children, especially if they are of ages 5 to 7.

What I liked most about this book was its interactive nature. The author didn't only talk about the cell and its components, but he also structured it in a way that any child would seamlessly follow. He gave short definitions that were closely followed by interactive questions. In my experience with children, they learn better when the teaching is interactive and conversational. This was the crème de la crème of this book.

In addition to the interactive questions, the author used colors to single out the different parts of the cell. Thus, it would be easy for any child to identify each element from the adjoining illustration. This was thoughtful of the author — it took my respect for his work some notches higher.

This book was well-written and professionally edited — I didn't find any fault in it. Therefore, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

Cell Biology For Babies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chimdi_3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimdi-3.html
Latest Review: Waves Break (on Unknown Shores) by Barry Litherland

Post by Chimdi_3 »

This book is a must get since it will aid and make teaching my kids cell biology so much easier.Thanks alot for this great review.
moowshiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moowshiri.html
Latest Review: The Kings Death by Ed Cannon

Post by moowshiri »

Sounds like the book I would go for whenever I would want to introduce my young kiddo to the vast doctrine of Biology. Thanks for the insightful review.
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzo-reviews.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

I must commend the educative nature of this book. Big thanks for the sage review
Theexceptional
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theexceptional.html
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA

Post by Theexceptional »

Biology is fun. I think kids would find this lovely too.
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA
Timothee22
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: David Schwarzkopf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothee22.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
fav_author_id: 248826

Post by Timothee22 »

This would be eduucative, not just for children, but for adults too. Thanks for the review.
Umesh Bhatt
Favorite Book: Identity And Violence
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-umesh-bhatt.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
2024 Reading Goal: 8
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Umesh Bhatt »

This seems to be a basic science book for explaning cell biology and related matters to the children. As per the review this appears to be a very high quality book. Thanks for a well brought out review.
Knowledge is power but one has to be a bookworm! :techie-studyingbrown:
Sarah Sonbol
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

I am a fan of scientific books directed to children. It's not an easy task to simplify things for children so they can understand. This would be a great addition to my kids' bookshelf. I only think that the title shouldn't be that the book is for babies as I doubt they would benefit from it. Thanks for the great review.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”