Review by Caffrey_19 -- Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Caffrey_19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caffrey-19.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Review by Caffrey_19 -- Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a ...

Post by Caffrey_19 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book, Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi, is the seventh book in the Diary of a Snoopy Cat series. It can also be a standalone detective book for kids. The story is centered around Inca, a Siberian kitty in London. Inca’s detective agency operates with the primary aim of uncovering crimes and mysteries. While on vacation in Sri Lanka, Inca and her crew were confronted with a robbery case that took place in a local museum. In a bid to solve the mystery of a missing ancient sword and to apprehend the two robbers, Inca teams up with her kitty siblings, two dogs, and one intelligent hamster. Will Inca prove her worth by recovering the ancient sword? Will these mysterious robbers elude her instincts? I guess there's only one way to find out.

Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi has been systematically written to help parents relate certain messages to their kids. Messages such as the importance of togetherness, unity, teamwork, and dignity are expected to be obtained from this novel. I believe most parents, if not all, would appreciate a book or narrative that emphasizes on the aforementioned features. The pictures are additional traits that keep this book on the cutting-edge as they are very well known to draw children closer to stories than words.

The fact that Kristi is an avid lover of animals is evident in this book, seeing how she maintained a well-developed storyline of animal characters that will, no doubt, appeal to children between the ages of 6 to 12.

I liked that the author mentioned various locations in Sri Lanka. I tend to have a kind of sentimental attachment to books that make use of landmarks. I also acknowledge the inclusion of a historical artifact - an ancient sword. The writer made an astounding decision to pick a captivating crime scene — a local museum — that is usually a center of attraction. One thing I didn't like for sure was the Python scene. Due to its treacherous nature, I couldn't get myself to find that part appealing to children in any way. I also noticed that the writer went adrift in some areas, making it look like she was distracted from the content of the narrative. But overall, this book is perfect for kids.

The book was exceptionally well-edited. There were no errors/typos found. This has prompted me to score this book a 4 out of 4 stars. A book this good shouldn't be given anything less. I highly recommend Serendipity Mystery to readers who enjoy animation, mystery, fantasy, detective and adventure books. On the other hand, I do not recommend this book for people who don't enjoy animation and animal characters.

Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Sounds like a great read for kids and their parents :) An intelligent hamster is such a lovely touch! Thank you for a great review!
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

I read this one too! From the island locale and sword thieves, it was easy to stay entertained by such a varied cast of animal characters - especially when they started working together with a common goal. And now I want to take a short trip to Sri Lanka! Thanks for your review.
Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adanna-inya.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe v morrow

Post by Adanna Inya »

Hahaha. Such unusual and interesting book. Cat detectives? Wow! Great review.
Standor5865
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-standor5865.html
Latest Review: The 2021 Chronicles by A Glenn Rose

Post by Standor5865 »

The importance of teamwork and unity as lessons is what sticks out the most to me, and I'm sure children will benefit from these lessons. Thank you for the review.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

The cat detectives were a great team. I agree with you. This was a nice review.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Marshal mutai
Currently Reading: The Sojourners
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marshal-mutai.html
Latest Review: Christ Without a Bride by Michael J. Ray

Post by Marshal mutai »

Well, I just fell in love with Inca and his syndicate. Thanks for this enthralling review!
BookBoyP
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookboyp.html
Latest Review: Purges of the Soul by Cathy S Birn

Post by BookBoyP »

The illustrations on the book cover has already piqued my interest in the book. I like the idea of conveying moral lessons through children's books as this book has done.
Susmita Biswas
Currently Reading: Fuzzy Bunny Slippers
Bookshelf Size: 595
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susmita-biswas.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Susmita Biswas »

I remember that it was a botd once. I found it very interesting. Awesome review.
Susmita Roy :techie-studyinggray:
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Killing Machine
Bookshelf Size: 428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by NetMassimo »

I have no kids, but this book seems great for kids to learn some valuable lessons while having fun and enjoying reading a book, on their own or with their parents. It's also an idea for a gift to a child. Thank you for your terrific review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Erandi Ekanayake
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erandi-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Erandi Ekanayake »

Based on your review, I also think that children would love this book, very much.
I enjoyed your interesting review. Nice work!
Tonika632
Currently Reading: White Night
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonika632.html
Latest Review: Chemicals and Christians by Martha McLaughlin

Post by Tonika632 »

I love children's books like this one. It is important to teach the little ones what is important. Great review!
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

I love children books with animals in it. Animals always make the book an enjoyable read and fun for the kids. Awesome review.
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
LinaJan
Favorite Author: Connor Mackay
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 275
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linajan.html
Latest Review: Shifting Sands by Barry Litherland
fav_author_id: 197769

Post by LinaJan »

It sounds like would make an interesting cartoon series for the kids where every episode could end with quite some suspense! :D Although let's face it, it is hard for any screen adaptation to convey as much as a book can :)

Thank you for such an inviting review! :D
BookBoyP
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookboyp.html
Latest Review: Purges of the Soul by Cathy S Birn

Post by BookBoyP »

"Messages such as the importance of togetherness, unity, teamwork, and dignity" are exactly what I'm excited about in this book. It sounds like a fun read.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”