Review by firda_isfandary -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
firda_isfandary
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-firda-isfandary.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Review by firda_isfandary -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by firda_isfandary »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In the life we have today, some of us hope to get a better life than now. Every time we are faced with an event that forces us to face a problem and we must find a solution. At present we live on the choice of the first solution. But, what if we choose another solution? Will we have a different life? Will it be better or even the opposite? However, each of us has made a parallel universe of ourselves over all the choices or events that have happened. Fortunately, in this real life, we do not need to worry too much about it. We just need to focus on the world we live in now and enjoy it. But, not with Gary Jackson, the main character in this novel. He passed an event that opened several parallel universes from his version which unfortunately versions of him had a bad life.

Worldliness is a well-written and professional novel written by Adam Guest. This novel has a very interesting story and will impress anyone who reads this book. This is a good science fiction/fantasy book that has 24 chapters and will make the reader curious every time they open page after page. Gary Jackson, a student from the University College of Southern England, in physics class, recounted the story he had experienced 5 years ago when a lorry almost hit him when he crossed the road. Professor Leyton Buzzard, a lecturer in the physics class, asked a number of questions, which made Gary realize that he was lucky to have survived the event. However, the professor assumed that the other Gary might not have survived and would not be in this room. Here finally, students realize that the professor is talking about a parallel universe.

In this book, you will also meet other figures. Gary's close friends at school, the twins William and Henry. Gary's best friend, Sinead. The girl Gary liked since he was in school, Michelle. Also, Marcus, a boy who did not have a good relationship with Gary when they were at school. The author clearly distinguishes the parallel universe of Gary's life. This novel will tell four different worldlines, namely The Blue Line, The Red Line, The Green Line, and The Black Line. Every worldline has an amazing story that is interesting to follow.

The writing style is simple and easy to understand. By having four different worldlines in this novel, readers are expected to focus when reading this novel so they can still follow the storyline and get clear concepts. In my opinion, the author is very brave and smart to write a novel on the topic of parallel universes, scientific theories, and the laws of physics.

I am rating this book 4 out of 4 stars. There are some profanities and some sexual situations. So, this book is not recommended for reading by minors. I recommend this book to science fiction lovers. I found a few grammatical errors but they did not affect my experience reading this book. However in my opinion, anyone who reads this novel will not be disappointed with the storyline.

Worldlines
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Samgum50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samgum50.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Samgum50 »

Great review! I also reviewed this book. I agree with you that the authors writing style was simple and easy to understand especially for such a complex scientific theory and given all the different timelines. It's great that you enjoyed this book as well.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”