Review by LiLj -- The Two Worlds in Which we Live Physic...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
LiLj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilj.html
Latest Review: The Two Worlds in Which we Live Physical and Spiritual by Evelyn Rozier

Review by LiLj -- The Two Worlds in Which we Live Physic...

Post by LiLj »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Two Worlds in Which we Live Physical and Spiritual" by Evelyn Rozier.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Two Worlds in Which we Live Physical and Spiritual by Evelyn Rozier starts with describing the first war between God and his angels versus the devil with fallen angles. God, of course, wins and banishes the devil along with his fallen angels out of heaven forever. The author then goes to explain the laws of Mankind.

Throughout the book's entirety, Evelyn describes how humans should live their lives both physically and spiritually to fulfill their purpose from God in chronological order from the Bible. The human body is just a host for our souls, and our souls can't die, if we live our lives dutifully following God then we will be rewarded with an eternal paradise, if we love and cherish God and do no wrong, then we will be rewarded. The author gives many ways and examples of how God guides us both spiritually and physically.

What I liked most about this book was how the author followed the Bible's timeline in chronological order, starting with the war between Satan and God then going to the story of Adam and Eve. It made the book flow great and made it easier to understand. Another thing that I liked was that the author gave specific examples of how humans can do right or wrong, an example of this would be "A hard-hearted person rejects God and refuses to give his/her heart to God" (p. 69). The author says that if you reject God and don't accept loving him and worshiping him, your heart is hard-hearted, meaning that you are emotionless or have no feelings.

The author would occasionally mention how if we didn't follow God, or if we do wrong, then we will be immensely punished, which is true, but the author described it as if God enjoyed doing so or did it out of spite or hate. But in truth, God punishes us out of love, so we know how to fulfill our lives better. The author just made God seem more like an evil and powerful leader when he does everything out of love for us, not spite.

I would recommend this book to adults who are looking for spiritual guidance. I wouldn't recommend this book to kids nor young adults since it can be confusing if you don't have some understanding of the bible. I rate this book a 2 out of 4 stars since there were a few grammatical errors, and I believe that they miss portrayed God sometimes.

The Two Worlds in Which we Live Physical and Spiritual
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
DTjeflor
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DTjeflor »

It’s a shame that the book was just repetitive of just the Bible, thank you for your review.
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

I read this book sometime ago and agree with all your points. The book, in my opinion, didn't offer anything new to the reader. Great review!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
LiLj
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: The Two Worlds in Which we Live Physical and Spiritual by Evelyn Rozier

Post by LiLj »

Elvis Best wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 17:03 I read this book sometime ago and agree with all your points. The book, in my opinion, didn't offer anything new to the reader. Great review!
Thank you
Rodel Barnachea
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

I find this book very spiritual. I think this is not for me. Great review, though!
LiLj
Currently Reading:

Post by LiLj »

aaurba wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 20:29 I find this book very spiritual. I think this is not for me. Great review, though!
I wouldn’t recommend this book to anyone who isn’t spiritual, thank you
Eussk
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Eussk »

Great review I’m not religious so I’m not going to like this book.
Olabode Joshua
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olabode-joshua.html
Latest Review: Natural Born Gangster: The Legend of Chris Bell by C J H Moore
Reading Device: B0042D75TU

Post by Olabode Joshua »

The book seems to have an interesting beginning. I'm always up for some explanation of supernatural events. The spiritual and physical world are the two worlds which we live in. Good work!
Remember, we are passers-by in this realm
ankur++Jiva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ankur-jiva.html
Latest Review: Unfaltering Trust by Roy Ziegler

Post by ankur++Jiva »

We all perceive the providential aid of God differently,and we have our reasons intact. The storyline should never impose things on anyone.

Thanks for your informative review!
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 518
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: Supercharge Your Production with 5 Time Management Hacks by Lucy Ledet

Post by Mutai Marshal »

It's true that our God is loving and punishes out of love. A great book, it sounds, yet with misguided arguments. Great review
SenSen
Currently Reading: Never Let Me Go
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sensen.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by SenSen »

I was intrigued by your opening statement about describing the war and how the Mankind behaved in the beginning, but I don't think I will be reading this book since I don't like writing about God to be in a way of statements. I believe everyone has their own idea of faith and even right and wrong are sometimes dubious. Thank you for the review!
It was so gorgeous it almost felt like sadness. The Lake, Banana Yoshimoto
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
rahilshajahan
Currently Reading: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahilshajahan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by rahilshajahan »

aaurba wrote: 12 Aug 2020, 20:29 I find this book very spiritual. I think this is not for me. Great review, though!
I feel the same way as you. Amazing job on the review though!
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." - Steve Wright
Erandi Ekanayake
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erandi-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Erandi Ekanayake »

DTjeflor wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 12:41 It’s a shame that the book was just repetitive of just the Bible, thank you for your review.
I totally agree with you and I don't think I would enjoy this book. Thanks for the great review, LiLj!
Dentarthurdent
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dentarthurdent.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dentarthurdent »

Thanks for the succinct review! I appreciate your thorough explanation as to how the book's inadvertent portrayal of God as sadistic is incorrect.
"I say what it occurs to me to say when I think I hear people say things. More I cannot say"
--Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.
xsquare
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xsquare.html
Latest Review: Kitty and Kat - MiceQuest by Robert Beals III

Post by xsquare »

This seems like a rather spiritual book, which is not really my cup of tea. However, I really enjoyed reading your analysis. Thanks for the insightful review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”