Review by Honest-reviewer -- What's Your Favorite Color?

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Review by Honest-reviewer -- What's Your Favorite Color?

Post by Honest-reviewer »

[Following is a volunteer review of "What's Your Favorite Color?" by Amber L Lassiter.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What’s your favorite color? is a children’s book written by Amber L. Lassiter. The story revolves around a girl named Amber, who happens to have a little problem while painting a picture in her classroom. And this book is about how she overcomes it and finishes her masterpiece.

One day, Amber’s teacher, Mrs. Lassiter, assigns the kids to dress up in their favorite color and paint a picture with the same color. But, Amber forgets to get her watercolors. Now, she has to borrow the colors from her friends. However, it is not easy for her, because, Mrs. Lassiter has asked them not to reveal their favorite color until the very end. So, how will Amber be able to borrow her favorite color without letting her friends know? Well, it will be fun if you read this yourself and know what happens.

What’s your favorite color? is a beautiful book with vivid colorful illustrations that are eye-catching. This makes the book quite engaging with the kids. The author has incorporated questions, activities, hints, and illustrations in the best way possible to promote active reading among kids. This book helps children make inferences, understand gestures, and think critically according to their age.

I am especially captivated by the colorful illustrations given in the book. They are highly adorable and lively. The biggest appeal for me is the short activity that the author has given at the end of every scene. They compel the kids to actively read and understand the situation better. I also like how the author has created suspense in this little book to keep the children hooked.

No doubt this is a great book, but I found a few words that can be difficult for children to understand. For example, crocheted, scrunched, etc. I did find a typo in one of the illustrations but, none in the text. So, neglecting these negative points, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because I believe that kids will love and enjoy reading this.

There is no profanity and obscenity in this book. I highly recommend this book to kids from age 5 to 10 years and also parents, teachers, and all others who are associated with kids. This is not for someone who does not like reading children’s books. I’m sure this will definitely bring a smile on your face.

What's Your Favorite Color?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

I also reviewed this book and concur it is charming and the illustrations are bright. I actually found some of them very funny. Good job!!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Olabode Joshua
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olabode-joshua.html
Latest Review: Natural Born Gangster: The Legend of Chris Bell by C J H Moore
Reading Device: B0042D75TU

Post by Olabode Joshua »

Hmmm, a creative one from Amber L. Lassiter. Presumably portraying her younger self as Amber and her present self as the teacher Mrs. Lassiter. This can only be done by one who has a natural flair for teaching children and also writing children's books.
Remember, we are passers-by in this realm
Mukukamm30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mukukamm30.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Mukukamm30 »

Great review and I agree with you that the book's aim is to encourage kids into the habit of reading. And of course, there cannot be and should not be profanities and obscenities in children's books.
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 675
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

That was a critical dilemma that Amber got herself in. The book seems to have good moral lessons that can benefit children. I too enjoyed reading the book. I agree with your rating of the book. Good job in your review.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 518
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: Supercharge Your Production with 5 Time Management Hacks by Lucy Ledet

Post by Mutai Marshal »

Children should really love this book. I love that it incorporates suspense in it too. Great review
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

This is a nice children's book. Thanks for the nice and descriptive review 👍👍
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Sounds like a wonderful book for young kids :) Bright illustrations will definitely help them to comprehend the story. Thanks for a great review!
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Honest-reviewer »

Ellylion wrote: 15 Aug 2020, 08:14 Sounds like a wonderful book for young kids :) Bright illustrations will definitely help them to comprehend the story. Thanks for a great review!
Sushan wrote: 15 Aug 2020, 08:09 This is a nice children's book. Thanks for the nice and descriptive review 👍👍
Seroney_ wrote: 15 Aug 2020, 05:07 Children should really love this book. I love that it incorporates suspense in it too. Great review
Nerea wrote: 15 Aug 2020, 03:52 That was a critical dilemma that Amber got herself in. The book seems to have good moral lessons that can benefit children. I too enjoyed reading the book. I agree with your rating of the book. Good job in your review.
Mukukamm30 wrote: 14 Aug 2020, 13:21 Great review and I agree with you that the book's aim is to encourage kids into the habit of reading. And of course, there cannot be and should not be profanities and obscenities in children's books.
Olabode Joshua wrote: 14 Aug 2020, 11:08 Hmmm, a creative one from Amber L. Lassiter. Presumably portraying her younger self as Amber and her present self as the teacher Mrs. Lassiter. This can only be done by one who has a natural flair for teaching children and also writing children's books.
Cotwani wrote: 14 Aug 2020, 06:41 I also reviewed this book and concur it is charming and the illustrations are bright. I actually found some of them very funny. Good job!!
Thanks for stopping by! :) :)
Rupali Mishra
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rupali-mishra.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by Rupali Mishra »

With the lovely visuals, this sounds like a wonderfully entertaining book for kids. I appreciate your excellent review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”