Review by Doziesixtus -- We are Voulhire: The Fires of V...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Doziesixtus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doziesixtus.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Review by Doziesixtus -- We are Voulhire: The Fires of V...

Post by Doziesixtus »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

WE ARE VOULHIRE: The Fires of Virko is the second book of We are Voulhire series by Matthew Tysz. Virko was known to be the most industrial city in Voulhire. This was the state they attained during the reign and leadership of Lord Venden Hrelek. In his quest to end noble sovereignty, Lord Venden Hrelek decided to incite the first royal incursion in Virko. Due to the illness that caught up with Lord Venden, he was bedridden during the inception of the royal incursion. Demetrius took Galen and Rowan along with him back to his hometown Virko, in order to seek partnership for the supply of iron to Magnum Caelum. The trio’s request for supply of iron was granted by Lord Venden Hrelek at his deathbed. Their request was granted on the condition that Demetrius would find the demon that has been lurking in the castle. Even though this was an unexpected request, the task was one of the duties expected of Demetrius as a monk and as an imbuer. Demetrius must find this demon and cast it down a vortex before the demon unleashes its wrath on Virko.

WE ARE VOULHIRE: The Fires of Virko is a mix of action, drama and thriller. The book is a slow-paced one as the author takes his time to introduce each of the characters. There weren’t more characters than required. The author was able to portray in detail their individual traits to give them unique personas. I really liked how smart and analytical the character of Hans Hrelek was portrayed to be.

The third-person narration was used mostly, except a few instances of first-person narration from the point of view of Galen. Matthew Tysz was adept at using these two kinds of narration. He knew when to subtly leak some information to the reader and when to remain ignorant of the ensuing drama while using the third-person and first-person narration, respectively.

I presume the book was professionally edited because I encountered just a few grammatical errors. Everything else about the book was terrific. I would suggest reading the first book of the series before reading this one – the second book of the series.

I would rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. The author had an interesting writing style. The book was an interesting read and I don’t mind reading it again. I would recommend the book to science fiction lovers. The book would also be an interesting read for people that crave supernatural contents.

We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Honest-reviewer »

I am currently reading this book and I’m enjoying it. Thanks for your wonderful review.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I have not started this series, but your review is very motivational. You present the story line in a clear and interesting way with descriptions that are clear and concise! Great review. I will put this book on my list of books to read. Thanks!
Doziesixtus
Currently Reading:

Post by Doziesixtus »

:(
Honest-reviewer wrote: 10 Aug 2020, 14:36 I am currently reading this book and I’m enjoying it. Thanks for your wonderful review.
I hope you do enjoy it. Thanks for passing by.
Doziesixtus
Currently Reading:

Post by Doziesixtus »

kdstrack wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 07:25 I have not started this series, but your review is very motivational. You present the story line in a clear and interesting way with descriptions that are clear and concise! Great review. I will put this book on my list of books to read. Thanks!
Thank you. I really appreciate your comments.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I've read books by Matthew Tysz. He's not really an author I enjoy. However, the subjects of his book are intriguing. Thanks for your thoughts on this, but I think I'm going to skip it.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Moray_001
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moray-001.html
Latest Review: Of All Faiths & None by Andrew Tweeddale

Post by Moray_001 »

I’ve read this book also and I like how the author did so much with only few main characters. I’m anticipating the next book in the series.
Kola+wole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kola-wole.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Kola+wole »

The second in the series sounds more action packed than the first. I also see that it is still slow paced. Nice review.
Kanda_theGreat
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanda-thegreat.html
Latest Review: Born To Survive by Kylie-Anne Evans

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

I agree with you on the plot development of this book, which was rather slow but still captivating. Thank you for your thorough analysis of the book. 💫
book_fanatic_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-fanatic.html
Latest Review: Wonder by Jon Trovato

Post by book_fanatic_ »

Nice review. This book is on my to-read list. Is this a stand alone novel, or do I need to read the first book too?
She read books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live. - Annie Dillard
Latest Review: Wonder by Jon Trovato
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 676
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

Will Demetrius find and defeat the demon? The writing style in book one was excellent. I'm glad to hear that the same applies in book two. Thank you for your well-analysed review.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

I found this book too gloomy, and now I'm still doubtful whether I should continue reading the series. The violence scenes are overwhelming. Thanks for this review!
Vic Chimezie
Currently Reading: Twisted Threads
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vic-chimezie.html
Latest Review: All The Good Little Girls Keep Quiet by K. Kibbee

Post by Vic Chimezie »

Lovely and engaging review from you Dozie. I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for the recommendation and Good job!
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

I have read so many good reviews about this book. Great review!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Gabrielle Sigaki
Currently Reading: Business Basics BootCamp
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabrielle-sigaki.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Gabrielle Sigaki »

I'm reading the first book of this series right now and it's great. I'm already curious to read this one. Thanks for the great review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”