Review by maggy98 -- A Police Action by A. A. Freda

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
maggy98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggy98.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Review by maggy98 -- A Police Action by A. A. Freda

Post by maggy98 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Police Action" by A. A. Freda.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Vietnam and the United States of America are at war. Coppi, an army draftee is meant to go help in this war. He is an Italian man, that joins the army for his reasons. With poor pay, poor food, and other mediocre things in the army, life there gets quite unbearable but not for Coppi. He is a master at making money and even in the army he is brave, resilient, and responsible when need be. This, however, does not mean he is good all the time, sometimes he is stubborn and has his way with things.

He meets other lifers and draftees in the army where they go out for clubbing before getting immersed in the war. For Coppi, love was something that he had not come into terms with. Before leaving for the war he was not able to promise a lady that he would go on with their relationship. On getting to the club, he meets Sam, and she is carrying a truckload of problems with her. Could Sam be the final choice in love and can he get a happily ever after even with the war?

Join Coppi in this amazing and thrilling tale in the book A Police Action by the author A. A. Freda. The story is told in a second person view as the narrator tells the story of Coppi and the war. The story is not only exciting but also thrilling, full of suspense all through such that it was difficult putting the book down.

A. A. Freda's way of writing this book is humorous, quick-witted, and hoodwinking. I loved this book and there was nothing that turned me off about it. I liked the fact that the book is an original plot and there is nothing cliché. It tells things as they are.

There are profane words through the book that might not be suitable for people who do not like such. Again, the book has erotic content, and based on this I would recommend this book to the mature audiences. Though in small portions, the author also touches on the Christian theme though the content is not evangelical in any way and I believe any person can read it. The main themes handled exclusively in this book include; romance, family, war, and friendship.

I recommend this book to anyone who loves thrillers and also romance books. People in the army can also easily relate to the events in the book. The book has some graphic content though not very detailed and you should, therefore, consider that when choosing to read the book.

I did not feel that this book deserved anything else other than a 4 out 4 rating. This is because the book was professionally edited. Again, the book is interesting, and one can easily comprehend the storyline. It is well written and engaging and you can be sure to enjoy it.

A Police Action
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your review, this seems to be interesting. However, as I read the sample, it looks like the story is told from a third-person point of view, not second-person.
maggy98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggy98.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by maggy98 »

Thanks Sou Hi for the correction I truly appreciate.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”