Review by Ada Ling -- Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: Catapulting Commissions by Anthony Garcia

Review by Ada Ling -- Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

Post by Ada Ling »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide is a self-help book written by Dr. Gustavo Kinrys and Alexandra Gold. Both authors have practical experience in dealing with patients who struggle with anxiety and stress. The book describes the symptoms of different tension and stress-related issues. The authors advocate that today's disorder problems can be cured more effectively using a natural and holistic approach rather than taking hard medicines.

The layout of this book is very straightforward. It starts with an introduction to each problem, then offers different curing methodologies. At the end of the book, it provides a food list to shop for at a grocery store. How considerate the authors are! I would give the list a try.

I also like the natural methods introduced in the book. Being a healthy person in general, I hesitate to go to the pharmacy and buy hard medicine. Natural and plant-based therapy can be safer for most people. It was great to read about all these beautiful plants and know their uses for specific applications. Another example is breathing. The authors point out why deep breathing can be dangerous. Instead, slow breathing can help relieve anxiety. Before reading the book, I always thought deep breathing was a technique we could use to ease the stress.

This book is well-edited. I did not find any grammar errors. The only thing I noticed was some spacing issues that could come from the formatting software. The authors want to share their profound knowledge and expertise to benefit more people. So, they cut to the points and didn't leave the fluff inside this book. I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

However, this book could be more convincing and exciting from two perspectives. First, the authors could put some pictures in for each method they introduce. Sometimes technical terms can be boring for the readers. It is much easier to get to know things when people have visual assistance. Second, the authors can cite some real-life examples or testimonials. People will feel encouraged if they know there are successful cases in real life. These are not negative parts that impacted my reading.

In a nutshell, this book is a step by step guide to provide stress relief tools. If you or one of your loved ones suffer anxiety or stress, this is a book to put on your shelf. I would be cautious that some medicines and herbs have side effects. So if the reader is a young adult, I would recommend reading this book with a parent.

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

I read a sample of this book some time ago and loved it. Thanks for your honest review. Good job!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I agree that the authors were very straightforward in the writing of the book. You make some really helpful suggestions for improving the book. Great review!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I think we could all use more ways to reduce anxiety, especially in these trying times. Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
rahilshajahan
Currently Reading: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahilshajahan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by rahilshajahan »

I did read this book and found it an eye-opener. Thanks for an insightful review!
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." - Steve Wright
Ada Ling
Currently Reading:

Post by Ada Ling »

Elvis Best wrote: 31 Aug 2020, 03:34 I read a sample of this book some time ago and loved it. Thanks for your honest review. Good job!
Thank you for stopping by.
Ada Ling
Currently Reading:

Post by Ada Ling »

kdstrack wrote: 31 Aug 2020, 17:50 I agree that the authors were very straightforward in the writing of the book. You make some really helpful suggestions for improving the book. Great review!
Thank you for the feedback.
Ada Ling
Currently Reading:

Post by Ada Ling »

kandscreeley wrote: 31 Aug 2020, 19:18 I think we could all use more ways to reduce anxiety, especially in these trying times. Thanks!
Indeed, we have more ways. Thank you for your feedback!
Ada Ling
Currently Reading:

Post by Ada Ling »

rahilshajahan wrote: 01 Sep 2020, 12:28 I did read this book and found it an eye-opener. Thanks for an insightful review!
Yes. We did some discussion in book of the month.
unamilagra
Currently Reading: into the willd
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unamilagra.html
Latest Review: Powerballs by Jimmy Clifton
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by unamilagra »

This sounds like a helpful guide for those seeking a more natural life. Great review!
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I prefer to go natural if I can, versus using medicines. I would like to read this book. Great review!
Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adanna-inya.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe v morrow

Post by Adanna Inya »

This is a helpful tool for clamping down anxiety and stress in this chaotic time. Beautiful review.
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

I agree with you. Relying on medicine is never healthy. Their effects will wear out over time, and there may be adverse impacts after using them for too long. Natural methods are always more economical and safer.
Phelicia Gloria
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phelicia-gloria.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Phelicia Gloria »

The author did a great job by coming with such book, because most people today die because of stress I bet this book will be a life saver for many. Great review.
Absence of evidence is never an evidence of absence
Star_and_Buck
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star-and-buck.html
Latest Review: Abby the Dog and Tigger the Cat by P.L. (Patricia) Rainey

Post by Star_and_Buck »

I wish I had this book when I was suffering with anxiety and all other things. But now I have this book and it shows me some more ways to get relief from anxiety and stress. Nice review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”