Review by Amaraah -- We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amaraah
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amaraah.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Review by Amaraah -- We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End

Post by Amaraah »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz is a piece of science fiction that is a dark, magical, fantasy novel. This story is one of the installments of Mattew Tysz fictional books and is dedicated to Voulhire, a place filled with magic. This entire book is centered around magic, politics, and science.

Galen’s journey started when he had inherited his uncle's forge business after his uncle passed on. After four weeks in Voulhire, Galen's mind was already settled. Galen discovered lots of secrets about his new land, Virko. The King was attacked by unknown assassins; they tried to take the King's life. These unknown and mysterious assassins seriously injured the knights and left a mark on the King's flesh. Security had to be strictly reinforced by the King but didn’t help put an end to the disaster and chaos plaguing the land.

Galen, Demetrius, and Rowan, who used to be Galen's late uncle's adviser, decided to travel to Soulhire (the capital of Voulhire) with the aim of meeting with King Wilhelm to present a petition against Meldorat, who was now the new Eiodi. Meldorath acquired this position after killing the former King who happened to be his predecessor.

I applaud the author for a very good and interesting cast of characters. The author also made this book generally easy to comprehend. The characters were well-defined, and the writer narrowed each character’s ordeals into respective chapters.
I had no favorite character because the characters were all very interesting, but Ms. Shore really played a huge role in this story as she put-up a case against Soulhire, which turned out to be a popular cause. Ms. Shore, as a character, showed the value of women in society and how they play a great role; I loved her role in the book. The pace of this book was pretty fast, making it easy for the reader to comprehend.

The author's style of writing is epic, thrilling, interesting, and leaves the reader wanting more. This text was professionally edited as I found no grammatical or typographical errors. There was no form of profanity in this book. My only concern in this book was that there were parts the author started with a first-person narration but diverted to using the third-person narration along the line, but I have no issue with that as a reader.

I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because every bit of this story is remarkable and interesting; I found nothing to dislike about it. This story gave me a ‘Game of Thrones' kind of feeling while reading because I had to picture some of the scenes in my head. I loved every bit of this story. I would recommend this book to people who love science fiction, magic, and horror stories.

We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

I feel that this book has a nice mix of science fiction, magical, fantasy and dark theme. The story following Galen, who inherits his uncles forge business and faces difficulties after that. Thanks for your nice review.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Matthew Tysz is on a roll. For one so young, he has a good understanding of the human psyche. I do wonder why he seems fixated with the end times.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”