Review by Tonika632 -- We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tonika632
Currently Reading: White Night
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonika632.html
Latest Review: Chemicals and Christians by Martha McLaughlin

Review by Tonika632 -- We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End

Post by Tonika632 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

As the terrorist group called Riva Rohavi appears, Voulhire is in danger once again. A wave of refugees is entering Voulhire from the war-filled Lands of the Princes. King Wilhelm is torn between protecting his people and doing the morally right thing, which is letting people of Lands of the Princes into the safety of Voulhire. Galen, Demetrius, and Rowan are traveling to meet the king of Voulhire. There are turbulences in Virko that the king needs to know about. Galen is worried that Voulhire will fall into the hands of the enemy and join the unstable Lands Of Princes. Riots are spreading across the country, and it is uncertain when the war will reach the people in the peaceful Voulhire.

We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz is the third book of the same name series. Tysz peppered the story in the third book by adding even more complicated conspiracies and wars between countries. Unlike the second book, the author developed characters like Rowan, Demetrius, Galen, and many more. I was unhappy because the author didn't develop the personalities of the listed characters in the first two books, but this time he did a great job. I like how the relationships and backgrounds of the characters are shaped in this book.

I have read three books from this series, and I like this one the most. I can feel that the author used a different style of writing, and he skillfully jumped from the story of one character to another one while keeping it simple and readable. I appreciate that the author took into account the shortcomings from the first two books and corrected them in the third book, thus making the third book even better. For example, characters and scenery are more developed in this book. Tense scenes made this book a quick read, and I could see every scene like it was playing in front of my eyes.

I also love the cover of the book. It is abstract, dark, and simple at the same time. We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End is mesmerizingly written and edited professionally. I have found no errors in it. There are graphic scenes and profanity present in the book.

This book deserves 4 out of 4 stars. I am giving it 4 stars for the originality of the story and the unique terms and names the author created in this series. This book is perfect for sci-fi and fantasy lovers. I do not recommend this book to young readers since it contains profanity and graphic scenes. I am looking forward to reading the rest of the books in this series since this is one of the best ones I have ever read. I have to warn potential readers that this book is not a stand-alone. The first two books play an important part in the series.

We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

I agree, the character development starts here, from this book. Thanks for a great review!
Christabel Uzoamaka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-uzoamaka.html
Latest Review: Atlantis Revealed by Riaan Booysen

Post by Christabel Uzoamaka »

I like that in this book, the author developed other characters other than Galen. That gives the book more spice imo.
I look forward to reading this book.

Splendid review!
rahilshajahan
Currently Reading: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahilshajahan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by rahilshajahan »

Read it. Loved it. I am glad that you thought the same as well. Thanks for an insightful review!
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." - Steve Wright
Drado_27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drado-27.html
Latest Review: Manasakd by Kelly May Andrews

Post by Drado_27 »

It is interesting how different people can percieve the same book differently. I liked the second book of the series the most. I was just overwhelmed by so many wars and conflicts in this one. Loved your review, keep up the good work!
honesty_pays
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honesty-pays.html
Latest Review: Oldogs by Kip Cassino

Post by honesty_pays »

I just feel the intense outburst of action, suspense, and betrayal from your review. I would love to find out how voulhire would triumph
Latest Review: Oldogs by Kip Cassino
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

A good mix of science fiction, magical, fantasy and dark theme. The story following Galen, who inherits his uncles forge business and faces difficulties after that. Thanks for your insightful review.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

This also is one of the best series I've ever read, with a great plot and suitable developments in the characters' personalities. Glad to know that you enjoyed it too :).

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”