Review by vmcelwee85 -- Twinkle Twinkle Little Starr

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
vmcelwee85
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vmcelwee85.html
Latest Review: Lara's Journal by A. Gavazzoni

Review by vmcelwee85 -- Twinkle Twinkle Little Starr

Post by vmcelwee85 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Starr" by H M Irwing.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Twinkle Twinkle Little Starr written by H.M. Irwing is part 2 in The Little Sisters Series. Blaise is not happy. His crew is gone, almost completely wiped out by Danny Mack. Now just him and Andy are left to defend their turf. He goes to check out his stash which he keeps in a coffin. What he finds is his money gone and in its place is a body! Like he does not have enough to deal with after losing his “mom.” Thankfully, the girl’s not dead. Whoever put her there conveniently buried her with oxygen. Who is she and why did someone put there?
Lucy traveled from Australia to meet her estranged father. She is in love with 2 childhood friends. Jace, who is like the sun. She is magnetically attracted to and has been in his orbit forever. Richard is so sure of himself, dominant and he has money. It is difficult not to be attracted to him. Who should she choose? Will she get to meet her father? Will she ever get back to her family in Australia?
I like this book because there is a lot detail and each scene is thoroughly alliterated. I like the closeness between Lucy and her family. Everyone seems to look to Lucy in difficult situations. I really like how the Author writes. She keeps you hooked. The details and depth of the writing allows you to really empathize with the characters. You are immersed into their world.
What do I not like? I should have read the first book before reading this one. With that said, I do believe she gives enough detail into the past to grasp the backstory and appreciate the story line. I had a little trouble getting into the feel of the story at the beginning. I am not particularly interested in gangs and that type of life. It took me a minute to get through it, but it was essential to Blaise’s character. I am glad I pushed though it.
There is extreme profanity. Some erotic scenes at about a 3 on scale 0-5. Some mistakes are as follows. On page 91, “Still, how long more did Cat think she could have….” Page 143, “The arrived at the college…”.
I gave Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Starr 3 out of 4 Stars because it was eloquently written. I did have a few mistakes so I could not give it 4 stars. I enjoyed reading this book. I love Lucy and all the other characters. I am looking forward to reading the rest of the Little Sister Series.

Twinkle Twinkle Little Starr
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”