Review by Laurina_Olowo -- Mister Pushkin Sees The Light

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Laurina Michael Olowoniran
Currently Reading: Be the Change: The Future is in Your Hands
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurina-olowo.html
Latest Review: Mister Pushkin Sees The Light by AC Michael

Review by Laurina_Olowo -- Mister Pushkin Sees The Light

Post by Laurina Michael Olowoniran »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Mister Pushkin Sees The Light" by AC Michael.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I have read many stories about cats, I must say this book is one of the best so far. A C Michael should make these books into animated movies. Children would love these stories and also learn from them. Mister Pushkin Sees The Light is part of the Mister Pushkin Series.

Mister Pushkin is a pedigree cat that lives with his always-in-a-hurry owner, Klem. Klem always takes Mister Pushkin for a walk every evening through the park. Mister Pushkin wants more than anything to be released from his leash so he can explore the roads, alleys and flower beds better. He wants to have so much fun but Klem would not hear of it. Even when he tries to make Klem go the way he wants, he never agrees.

As if that was not enough, Klem would leave any window or door open, Mister Pushkin could only see the world through the windowsill. The plumber comes to fix the tap and finally, Mister Pushkin gets to go outside, without Klem or the leash around his neck. Oh, what freedom! He gets to see and go to all those places he wants to and first is that white house with the beautiful garden. Is this freedom a blessing or more problems for Mister Pushkin and Klem?

This book is a children’s book, but adults would enjoy it as well. The author did a fine job writing this book. It’s either the author is a cat lover or did a lot of research about this kind of cat. I liked how the author weaved in characteristics of cats into the story such as cats shedding their fur in summer, what disgusts cats and their sensitivity. I have never owned a cat, but if every cat is like Mister Pushkin, then, I want to own one.

The words are spaced and the right font size for children, it will aid easy readability for kids. I seem to enjoy cat stories. Their intelligence leaves me amazed and smiling, and Mister Pushkin is no different. I found a few typographical errors.

The author’s writing style was simple and descriptive, easy to follow and was not boring. However, some of the words in this book would have children using a dictionary alongside. Words like sustenance, arachnid, sussing out, insomniacs, iridescence, plebeian, narcoleptic. Also, the book had little illustrations – just the ones at the beginning of each chapter – would appeal to readers of a particular age range or grade.

I would rate Mister Pushkin Sees The Light four out of four stars due to the reasons I mentioned above. There were no profanities or sexual scenes. So, I recommend this book to children from age ten and above and young adults who love smart cat stories.

Mister Pushkin Sees The Light
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: I Have Proof of a Higher Power by Ioan Dirina

Post by Harty Muli »

I like that this book brings out the flavor of keeping pets, more so cats. Thanks for the interesting review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”