Review by gianna1 -- Chronic Heavy Metal Poisoning vs. Y...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
gianna1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gianna1.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Review by gianna1 -- Chronic Heavy Metal Poisoning vs. Y...

Post by gianna1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Chronic Heavy Metal Poisoning vs. Your Health" by Dr. David Maloney.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Heavy metal poisoning is widespread in people of all ages; however, it is rarely studied or suggested when one displays their symptoms to a healthcare worker. Due to the lack of education on this topic, Dr. David W. Maloney wrote Chronic Heavy Metal Poisoning vs. Your Health to provide insight into the uncertain world of heavy metal poisoning. Dr. Maloney is a pharmacist and military veteran who has had his struggle with overcoming heavy metal poisoning. Throughout this novel, he provides useful information regarding toxic metal poisonings and his remedies that helped him overcome his heavy metal poisoning.

Dr. Maloney stresses over a large amount of uncertainty regarding toxic poisonings that can affect anyone’s life. Toxic metals are unavoidable, considering everyone breathes, eats, and drinks. Within this informative book, Dr. Maloney provides information on preventing heavy metal poisoning, performing different diagnostic tests, and includes an in-depth summary of his heavy metals journey. The audience can explore his medical records and excerpts from his diary that discuss his medicine intake and symptoms and overall progression. He dives into a wide range of knowledge that insists that heavy metals have subsidized to chronic illnesses. Overall, Dr. Maloney provides knowledgeable information that is relevant to everyone’s life.

I believe this book would appeal to everyone because we can all relate to something. For instance, Dr. Maloney and his wife had dental amalgam fillings (silver fillings), which have ultimately contributed to their heavy metal poisoning. I can relate to that because I have dental amalgam fillings as well. Some may believe that this book would only appeal to people suffering from heavy metal poisoning and health care workers who want to become better informed in this overall topic. However, I am not a member of any of those groups, but I still decided to read this book, and I do not regret it. I feel as though the information in this book would be beneficial to almost anyone.

The elements I enjoyed in this book were how Dr. Maloney provided his medical records and excerpts from his journal. His personal touches may help the audience feel as they can relate to the author in some way. The element that I did not enjoy as much was how it was organized. For example, the first paragraph in the preface is identical to the first paragraph of part 1. There are a few more circumstances where the same information was repeated several times, just in different sections. I believe that fixing that would significantly improve this book. There are also a few grammar mistakes, nothing too troubling.

Overall, Chronic Heavy Metal Poisoning vs. Your Health was a good book. Nothing more and nothing less. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I did not give it 4 out of 4 because it was not as organized as well as it could have been, and it did not seem professionally edited. Other than that, I recommend this book to everyone. This book has a lot of information that will help others overcome heavy metal poisonings and gain more insight into the undereducated world of heavy metals.

Chronic Heavy Metal Poisoning vs. Your Health
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”