Review by Drunk_Lich -- Manasakd by Kelly May Andrews

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Drunk_Lich
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drunk-lich.html
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo

Review by Drunk_Lich -- Manasakd by Kelly May Andrews

Post by Drunk_Lich »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Manasakd" by Kelly May Andrews.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Manasakd by Kelly May Andrews is a Young Adult novel that revolves around the mystical land of Manasakd.

Manasakd is a place of healing and growth for children and adults alike. They possess traits that, while might be peculiar to us, are the norm in Manasakd and are treated as their strength.

Kaleb is one such example. A brave boy that can lead others, but suffers from his doubts and anxiety. However, this mental condition became an obstacle for him to overcome, not a disadvantage that limits him. He learns how to overcome his anxiety and trust others.

Tali, the Doctors, and everyone in Manasakd actively applied these lessons too. They are taught that what they feel is valid and that they must not fear their emotions, but rather they must overcome them. Tali became accused of something she did not do, but because of such lessons, she braved through and proved her innocence.

This book is easy to enjoy as it is professionally edited, making it so that you would not encounter any typographical errors. It also transitions from one perspective to another without the quality of the book suffering. Manasakd holds a pretty deep lesson despite the child-like theme. It depicts negative emotions as beings that will bug us, and unless we get our emotions in control, they will continue to fester. It did not show that everything is in their heads and that what they feel is unreal is real, which is ironic as they are in a mystical land.

These lessons will certainly help children and even adults visualize how they should control their emotions and struggles without lashing out on others or bottling it up. This book shows us that while we can listen to our emotions and benefit from it, letting your emotions control you as a person can actually be more harmful than good.

I personally would recommend this to any audience, as the book does not have mature content or religious agenda. It is easy to understand, and easier to enjoy.

To conclude, I rate this a 4 out of 4. The quality of the writing, the lesson, and the characters all contributed to making this book highly enjoyable, which is why I believe it deserves full marks. I really do hope that you'd enjoy this book as much as I did!

Manasakd
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”