Review by SophiaM -- Schmooze by Cody Lowry

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
SophiaM
Favorite Book: Project Tau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophiam.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by SophiaM -- Schmooze by Cody Lowry

Post by SophiaM »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Schmooze" by Cody Lowry.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Amazing! Schmooze: What they should teach at Harvard Business School is not only refreshing but also truly captivating. Cody Lowry brings his humor within words. His narration is enchanting. I started giggling from the first chapter. I identified some schmooze personalities in my own life. This is one of the most interesting nonfiction I have read in a long time. Cody enlivens boring to-dos into personified matters that any person would enjoy doing. Within the pages, it is easy to see him and get to meet the man behind the name. From my point of view, he is the type of person everyone likes to meet.

I loved the charisma in the pages and particularly, the illustrations. They are not common in books nowadays. The illustrations pleased me immensely. It is a book majoring on the importance of one on one human conversation. It is about reestablishing human ties not only in our work environments but also in our homes. It teaches an important lesson that despite economic and social status, all humans are the same. We want nothing more than to be seen and understood for who we are. It emphasizes the importance of standing our ground for what we want and also the art of knowing when to back off.

It is a must-read for self-improvement fans like myself. I’d also recommend it to anyone who has it rough. It offers the hope that regardless of how tough life might get it is still worth living. This is because it has been written by someone who has had it rough in his life. It is well written and suitable for advanced English readers. It would benefit both the youth and the general adult population. It offers no religious discrimination and so it is suitable for people of various faiths.

It is a concise read of around 170 truly life-changing pages. From someone who has truly gone through what he talks about, it is outstanding. He turns every nil into an indirect win and that is not only inspiring but also gives an injection of optimism. He talks about how his absent father and his mother contributed to his success in life. It is a book that’s heavy with gratitude towards all who made the man, Cody. Truly beautifully written.

I would give it a 4 out 4 stars since it is well edited. I did not encounter any typos during my reading. I give it such a high rating because the author duly delivers on what you read on his bio. It is a book that is completely worth your time.

Schmooze
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”