Review by anua24060 -- We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anusha Thatavarthi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anusha-thatavarthi.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Review by anua24060 -- We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the...

Post by Anusha Thatavarthi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

(This review may contain spoilers for those who have not yet completed the first five books of the We are Voulhire series).

We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz is the sixth book of the We are Voulhire series. This book follows the events of the previous book. Voulhire is once again attacked by the forces of the Emperor of Lullabies. The kingdom’s major cities are under the emperor’s seize. Demetrius and Rowan arrive at Diamora after escaping from Yamon Soul. Lord Meldorath arrives at Caromentis and forms a world for himself. Galen Bray, who followed Meldorath to Caromentis, now finds himself in a new universe, disoriented. But he is determined to catch Meldorath for Voulhire’s sake. Chancellor Harper and Rhea Varro are plotting to eliminate the emperor’s forces from Voulhire.

In this book, the readers are also introduced to the city of Cridaea. A new character Angela Velys is introduced in this book. She is a lady of one of the noble houses of the city. The author has taken  Cridaea to explain how the emperor’s invasion is working and how the ambassadors sent by the emperor are trying to make the cities resist the king, and work with them. Angela and her husband Adrian are suspicious of these creatures. 

The sixth book of We are Voulhire series has high fantasy elements blended with action and adventure. The readers are introduced to new creatures of the emperor like ‘Bad Noise’ who haunt the children of Soulhire. Folcro, a villainous character who was last seen in the second book, made an appearance in this one. He provided a strong antagonistic character for the story. In this book, the author explains more about Diamora, the secret Mianoran institute which was mentioned multiple times in the previous books. The new characters in this book include Julia Varro, the daughter of Meldorath and Javikun Modius, whose notes Meldorath has used to go to Caromentis.

The thing I liked the most about this book is the description of Caromentis. It is an inconsistent world where natural laws are not applicable. It is formed based solely on the mind. It is a difficult task to describe such a world, but the author has succeeded in doing it. I also liked the character of Angela, who is a fierce warrior and a powerful woman.

There is nothing I disliked about the plot or story of the book. But it contains more errors than the previous ones. It may be because of the volume of the book. There are profanity and scenes of a erotic nature in the book. So, I recommend it to a mature audience.

I give this book 3 out of 4 stars. I would have given it four stars. But due to the errors, I cannot give a perfect rating. I recommend it to readers who love fantasy, action and adventure genres. I strongly recommend reading the first five books before coming to this one because this book is not standalone.

We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Angela's character and the description of Caromentis were my favorite moments in this book too! :) Thanks for this insightful review!
Sou Hi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Ellylion wrote: 20 Sep 2020, 09:23 Angela's character and the description of Caromentis were my favorite moments in this book too! :) Thanks for this insightful review!
So far, Angela is the best female character here. She is strong and independent. She is sensible and respectful towards her people. And she is determined but not reckless to help Voulhire, even though it means bringing danger to herself.
Anusha Thatavarthi
Currently Reading:

Ellylion wrote: 20 Sep 2020, 09:23 Angela's character and the description of Caromentis were my favorite moments in this book too! :) Thanks for this insightful review!
Yes, the author did a great job with Caromentis!
Anusha Thatavarthi
Currently Reading:

Sou Hi wrote: 20 Sep 2020, 21:11
So far, Angela is the best female character here. She is strong and independent. She is sensible and respectful towards her people. And she is determined but not reckless to help Voulhire, even though it means bringing danger to herself.
Agreed!
MeganDJ
Currently Reading: Mirrored Worlds
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megandj.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MeganDJ »

I've loved the previous books in the series and I look forward to reading this one in the near future! Only currently on the third one so still got a bit of a way to go but excited nonetheless. Thank you for descriptive and insightful review! Happy reading :techie-studyinggray:
He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe - Marcus Aurelius
Anusha Thatavarthi
Currently Reading:

MeganDJ wrote: 21 Sep 2020, 01:41 I've loved the previous books in the series and I look forward to reading this one in the near future! Only currently on the third one so still got a bit of a way to go but excited nonetheless. Thank you for descriptive and insightful review! Happy reading :techie-studyinggray:
Hope you enjoy the series! Thanks for stopping by!
Phelicia Gloria
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phelicia-gloria.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Phelicia Gloria »

I did this book sometimes back and I enjoyed reading it, it's my best from the series. Otherwise great review.
Absence of evidence is never an evidence of absence
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

This sounds like an exciting book in the series. I have not read any of them thus far, though, so I will have to think long and hard before starting a series with this many books. Thanks for a wonderful review!
Anusha Thatavarthi
Currently Reading:

Phelicia Gloria wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 03:21 I did this book sometimes back and I enjoyed reading it, it's my best from the series. Otherwise great review.
I enjoyed reading it too
Anusha Thatavarthi
Currently Reading:

Prisallen wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 19:00 This sounds like an exciting book in the series. I have not read any of them thus far, though, so I will have to think long and hard before starting a series with this many books. Thanks for a wonderful review!
This series is worth it. Try it.
rahilshajahan
Currently Reading: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahilshajahan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by rahilshajahan »

I'm reading this book right now. I will be back once I finish reading to take a look at your review!
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." - Steve Wright
Saint Bruno
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

Wow! You are in the 6th book already. Glad you found this one intriguing too.Thanks for the recommendation.
shravsi
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Crime and Punishment
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shravsi.html
Latest Review: Sam the Chosen by Wally Jones

Post by shravsi »

I enjoyed reading this book too. I enjoyed Angela's character very much. Galen has continued his streak to bend powerful people in caromentis too :lol:
Rashida10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashida10.html
Latest Review: The path from backpack to briefcase 2nd. idition by R. William Holland, PhD

Post by Rashida10 »

Another captivating book in a series of mind-blowing events, supernatural characters, and unexpected twists.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”