Review by Abi_kanda -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abi_kanda
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abi-kanda.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Review by Abi_kanda -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Abi_kanda »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Up until that evening, Tom had not known he had a granddaughter. That, however, was not the only thing he did not know. He wondered what to do with Sarah since he, William and Myra were leaving for a camping trip the following day. Tom is torn between leaving behind Sarah to visit his grandfather's grave or cancelling his trip to stay with her. William comes up with an idea that Tom does not like, but is forced to agree to it.

Tom thinks he made a mistake by agreeing to bring along his granddaughter. William, however, sees this as an advantage, as he will have someone else dragging behind with him. When Sarah starts seeing things, none of them believe her. Might it be that Sarah is the one taking them on that camping trip?

Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon, takes you through Sarah's adventures while in the forest. This title fits Sarah's character trait throughout the book. She goes through a lot, but is still strong willed. I also admired Myra's character but at some point of the book, I felt she was being somehow harsh. Charlie Sheldon clearly left this book unfinished, and I am hoping there is a book two. Though Sergei and Myra's bickering made the book interesting, it also brought up an internal debate on whose side I was on. The strength of both their arguments made me admire Charlie's knowledge in both legends and history. I would have loved to see more of Sergei and Myra's interaction, because I felt they had an interesting connection.

This book mirrors real things happening today; how archeological sites are being ruined, and evil deeds done by money hungry people in search for power. Charlie Sheldon's provision of a map at the beginning of the book helped in imagery. Although the text seemed a long read, it was captivating and I almost did not wish for its ending. The author's effective use of dialogues helped in my character analysis and understanding.

There's nothing to dislike in this book. I did not pinpoint any grammatical errors, and the profanity in this book did not offend me. For ancient history lovers, this book would be great for you because frankly that is mostly what this book is about. I give this book a perfect four out of four rating, because it was honestly one of the best books I've ever read.

Strong Heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

This book looks like an interesting story with well-developed characters and a mystery air. I would love to give this book a try. Thanks for reviewing.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I was also fascinated by the book. I had a hard time going through the canoeing part, but the rest of the story more than made up for that lull.
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by SamaylaM »

This seems like a very interesting book and I think I saw a sequel of it here! Sarah's adventures in the forest sound like something I'd like to read. Lovely review!
Melexa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melexa.html
Latest Review: Colors of Love by Adeola Oyekola

Post by Melexa »

I'm curious about Sarah and the things she sees; it sounds mysterious and intriguing.
Thanks for the review.
Tarilan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarilan.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Tarilan »

The plot is quite unique. I want to join Sarah on her adventure. Am glad you enjoyed the book. Thanks for the honest review.
Tarilan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarilan.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Tarilan »

The plot is quite unique. I want to join Sarah on her adventure. Am glad you enjoyed the book. Thanks for the honest review.
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

I love your well-detailed review. Seems to be an interesting and adventurous one.
Alice Ngugi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-ngugi.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Alice Ngugi »

This is interesting. I also feel a great connection to historical things, and I hate when people take advantage of them. Great review 👍
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

I've read this book and enjoyed it, but reading your take on the story is the cherry on top! Great review.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Abi_kanda

Post by Abi_kanda »

Sou Hi wrote: 23 Nov 2020, 20:51 This book looks like an interesting story with well-developed characters and a mystery air. I would love to give this book a try. Thanks for reviewing.
It definitely is interesting. Thanks for passing by.
Abi_kanda

Post by Abi_kanda »

:techie-studyingbrown:
Miriam Molina wrote: 23 Nov 2020, 21:31 I was also fascinated by the book. I had a hard time going through the canoeing part, but the rest of the story more than made up for that lull.
I agree. The canoeing part was a bit challenging but fun.
Abi_kanda

Post by Abi_kanda »

SamaylaM wrote: 24 Nov 2020, 02:00 This seems like a very interesting book and I think I saw a sequel of it here! Sarah's adventures in the forest sound like something I'd like to read. Lovely review!
Yes, there's a sequel. Be sure to give it a try. Thanks!
Abi_kanda

Post by Abi_kanda »

Melexa wrote: 24 Nov 2020, 03:26 I'm curious about Sarah and the things she sees; it sounds mysterious and intriguing.
Thanks for the review.
well, only one way to find out! :D
Abi_kanda

Post by Abi_kanda »

Tarilan wrote: 25 Nov 2020, 00:59 The plot is quite unique. I want to join Sarah on her adventure. Am glad you enjoyed the book. Thanks for the honest review.
It is indeed unique. Thank you! :D

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”