Review by PeterRabitt20 -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Review by PeterRabitt20 -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Diary of a Snoopy Cat is written by R.F. Kristi. Illustrations are by Jorje Valle. Told from the point of view of Inca the cat, who decides to keep a diary of her life in London. She introduces us to her siblings, her friends and her humanoid, Mom. Inca dreams of becoming the greatest detective ever. With her inquisitive nature that shouldn’t be a problem! Her dream is realized when her neighbor, Polo the dog gives her the case of Mr. Finchley's missing will. Inca excitedly takes on the job! But she has to overcome her fear of the scariest dog in their neighborhood, Bully-Boy-Boss the Rottweiler.

The Diary of Snoopy Cat is written for ages 8 to 12 years old. I would recommend it for struggling readers who are ready for a more challenging reading experience. This story ranges from easy to advanced reading level quickly enough to give that sense of accomplishment.

The characters are adorable kittens and puppies. The author does spend time describing each animal. She does a great job raising awareness of animals that need adoption. The human characters play only a secondary support role. The illustrations are cute and well drawn. This is definitely an animal lover story!

There are a few grammar mistakes. The story plot changed often, making it confusing to follow the mystery. Kristi made an effort to insert smaller stories inside. For me, they didn’t always flow together, and geared off too much. Therefore, I would lose patience. Some readers might enjoy the back and forth. Because of this, I rate this book a 2 out of 4 stars. I couldn’t rate it a 3 for the lack of a sturdy plot, but overall idea and illustrations didn’t merit a 1 star.

Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mariana Figueira
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Cloud Atlas
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana-figueira.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Mariana Figueira »

What a shame, this one seemed to have potential. I appreciate that the lead character is female, though. Thank you for the thorough review!
"No two persons ever read the same book" Edmund Wilson
PeterRabitt20

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

MarianaFigueira wrote: 11 Nov 2020, 18:22 What a shame, this one seemed to have potential. I appreciate that the lead character is female, though. Thank you for the thorough review!
Thank you for your response. It is important to have diversity in children's books.
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I am a fan of Inca myself. Too bad you didn't have much fun with the book.
PeterRabitt20

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

Miriam Molina wrote: 16 Nov 2020, 12:41 I am a fan of Inca myself. Too bad you didn't have much fun with the book.
I thought the author is doing a wonderful job of expressing each animal character. My favorite is Boss the Rottweiler, who is shier than he seems. Thanks for stopping by!
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 446
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

It is quite amusing to know about the Inca's team. Thanks for your honest review which gives a new perspective to this book.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
PeterRabitt20

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

sanjus wrote: 21 Nov 2020, 01:31 It is quite amusing to know about the Inca's team. Thanks for your honest review which gives a new perspective to this book.
You're welcome. Thanks for stopping by. :tiphat:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”