Review by Anthony__ -- Timewise by Robert Leet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Review by Anthony__ -- Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Timewise" by Robert Leet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I rarely come across books that cut across diverse topics. Timewise by Robert Leet is an example of such a book. It is also highly educative and contains an exciting sci-fi story blended with romance.

The story is narrated by Ron Larsen, a fictional character in the book. Ron had an unstable childhood upbringing. He was an orphan who was bounced around several foster homes, making it hard to maintain a stable relationship or create worthwhile memories. Ron’s story took a turn when he met Regina Russo, a beautiful female physics professor. As the story unfolds, Ron navigates through life and meets several other people that influence his choices and decisions. After he had graduated from college, he married Sheila and became a successful businessman in the stock trade. Although Ron had several relationships with other women, his relationship with Regina is something special. To Ron, Regina is his mentor and a friend he fell in love with when he was 14 years old. So, when she came to him with a seemingly dangerous but intriguing scientific project, he had no other choice than to oblige. Read to find out the mind-blowing innovations Regina and Ron intend to use to change the future.

The book was riddled with several scientific concepts, especially those of physics and mathematics. I am a science-oriented individual, and I enjoy reading books that contain fictional scientific concepts. This book reminded me of the time I struggled to read my physics textbook when I was in my first year in college. I found most of the scientific concepts intriguing and enthusiastic. I even came across several topics I’ve previously encountered in school, and funny enough, the book made me understand them better. Some scientific concepts I encountered include the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, string theory, wave-particle duality, and quantum entanglement. The author did an excellent job of explaining these concepts.

The book also contained diagrams, which were very helpful in explaining some scientific concepts. The storyline is a very captivating one. I love the way the author created the idea of predicting the future. The concept of using mathematical calculations and physics laws to predict the future made the storyline unique with a real-life setting. The romantic nature of the book also made the book more compelling. I love the analogy behind the ending part of the book and Ron’s beginning. Also, Ron’s conversation with Diana Fletcher when they were playing chess, almost mirrors his encounter with Regina years ago.

Several scientific terms were mentioned, but the author managed to maintain simple words for explanations and descriptions. The book also had excellent character and scene development. The characters (major and minor) were well-developed, with their roles clearly expressed. The characters were also able to convey emotions. My favorite character is Regina Russo. She helped Ron get through college, tutored him in several aspects, and was a significant stepping stone in his life. Cheryl is another character that I liked. She made me felt enthusiastic about nature.

In terms of grammatical errors, the book is flawless. The author was also able to articulate his thoughts and ideas properly. Therefore, I am rating this book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to sci-fi lovers, especially those interested in stories revolving around quantum physics. On a final note, there is nothing I dislike about the book.

Timewise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ndiviwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndiviwe.html
Latest Review: Money Faucet by Joe Calderwood

Post by Ndiviwe »

The fictional time travel aspect of the novel sounds fantastic and would have me hooked to the book. The phyics jargon might be a hard no no for me but it might be a suspenseful page-turner for someone who has a deeper understanding for physics topics.
Harry Benjamin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harry-benjamin.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Harry Benjamin »

Ron's life experience are what most orphans pass through in life. I felt bad for him.
Yuna Chang
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yuna-chang.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Yuna Chang »

Leet's storytelling skills are commendable, as he takes readers on a thrilling journey through time, introducing them to a fascinating concept of time travel.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”