Review by Orizon -- Timewise by Robert Leet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Review by Orizon -- Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Timewise" by Robert Leet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Timewise by Robert Leet is an autobiography of a fictional character, Ron Larsen, and was first published in 2017. Ron Larsen was an orphan from a struggling downtown that was not interested in attending school. As a result of his carefree attitude, he was not interested in physics as a subject. However, he dedicated his knowledge of mathematics to a different purpose; playing chess and poker in middle school. He was interested in these games due to the money he made from them at a very young age.

His fortunes changed when he became closely associated with the physics teacher, Regina Russo. She was older than him, but he was attracted to her. He worked on his grades, and with Regina's help, he could advance to higher classes. However, his hunger for financial freedom was a directionless one until he met Regina again. She offered him a scholarship padded with interesting business partnerships. But will that rescue Ron, whose early memories were disrupted as a result of an unstable home? Will Ron have a sexual relationship with the physics professor that once taught in his school? Read this fantastic novel and find out more.

This fast-paced book provides mind-boggling backdrops on quantum physics. It flows smoothly, and it's quite captivating. The author presents the plot in a first-person narrative that makes a reader want to know what's on the next page. It involves a lot of scientific speculations, research and consists of heavy mathematical narratives and experiments. This book further exposes the hazards and funding frustrations that scientists face and the importance of associating with the right set of individuals. Furthermore, this book comprises emotional backstories that the author provided intermittently, talking about Ron Larsen's childhood, failed relationships, constant growth in the mathematics field, and stock market projects.

I love how the author provided enough information about the major and minor characters in the book. Through the characters, the author explains various concepts in quantum physics and mathematics in simple words. The pictorial illustrations were fascinating and made reading the book fun. Also, I admire Ron and Regina; they were adventurous, ambitious, and relatable. My favorite line is, "Sometimes there is no understanding; sometimes there's only love." I also enjoyed the fact that the author drew special attention to the importance of documentation and income diversification.

There is nothing I dislike about the book as it is professionally edited. If you don't like books with scientific terms, I suggest you steer clear of this one. However, it'll be a rewarding feast for fans of science fiction novels.

In conclusion, I rate Timewise 4 out of 4 stars. I didn't rate it lower because it's interesting and entertaining. Moreover, it was well-edited as I did not find an error in the book. I recommend it to lovers of science-driven books involving physics, its experiments, and theories.

Timewise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
Ndiviwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndiviwe.html
Latest Review: Money Faucet by Joe Calderwood

Post by Ndiviwe »

The fictional time travel aspect of the novel sounds fantastic and would have me hooked to the book. The phyics jargon might be a hard no no for me but it might be a suspenseful page-turner for someone who has a deeper understanding for physics topics.
Harry Benjamin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harry-benjamin.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Harry Benjamin »

The book is an educational book. I’m glad I learned about quantum physics and introduction to time travel.
Peace Eze
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-eze.html
Latest Review: Higher Connections by Eric Right and Alexandra Right

Post by Peace Eze »

I enjoyed your review. Your summary was well detailed. It give an overview of the book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”