Review by POPES M -- Letters to Sis y CW3 Cesare Giannetti, US Army (Ret)

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gabriela V
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Featured Review by POPES M -- Letters to Sis y CW3 Cesare Giannetti, US Army (Ret)

Post by Gabriela V »

I don't usually go for nonfiction books because of the amount of description they require to help the reader visualize the situations like the battles. Your review really kept me interested to read this book.
Mary Lou Mills
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: The Buffalo Soldier
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-lou-mills.html
Latest Review: Affliction: Growing Up With a Closeted Gay Dad by Laura Hall

Post by Mary Lou Mills »

Thank you for your review. I would be interested in learning more about the Gulf War and other military encounters during these years.
Gregory Pere

Post by Gregory Pere »

Awesome story great experience been a soldier and how communication your lovely ones.
Saloni Amin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Saloni Amin »

It's amazing the way to described the story and how the memoir is beautifully written connecting people in some or the other way. Thank you for sharing such an amazing review
Nihala Nazer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nihala-nazer.html
Latest Review: Shadow Game by A.M. Adair

Post by Nihala Nazer »

Woah!In all honesty,I’m shook. The format of the book as letters to his sister is quite nice. It sounds like how Anne Frank wrote in her diary everyday. Thank you for the review. I read that there are photos of his and his family’s which make me want to read it even more since photos always add a realistic touch.
Omeri Jeremiah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Omeri Jeremiah »

Captivating description. It gives one an urge to read the book. Thanks for the review.
KarFulMar
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by KarFulMar »

I can relate to this story on so many levels; I was a “military brat” meaning I grew up in a military family, and I spent the majority of my life moving all around the world courtesy of the US Air Force. And as an adult, I married a career military man.
The military lifestyle is different on so many levels. And it sounds as if the story captures much of what effect that has on not only the person in the military, but his entire family as well.
I believe this will make an interesting reading adventure.
Tasha Simmons 1
Currently Reading:

Post by Tasha Simmons 1 »

This really helped me with getting a picture in place of how to effectively write a book review, you did an excellent job in my opinion, especially your description of how the story comes full circle. I am now interested in reading the book just based off of your review, which I believe means you accomplished exactly the objective for reviews. Thanks so much!
Mouriya

Post by Mouriya »

This is an good book about battles and relationship between two, which was visualise in eyes. I wonder about this book . Good book to read
AngieOdeh
Favorite Book: Whale of Wonder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angieodeh.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II

Post by AngieOdeh »

I'm not a fan of memoirs, but as I read the review, it encouraged me to give it a glimpse. In my personal experience, I know how it feels to be abroad and far away from family and friends. My sister also happens to be my best friend and, during my absence, she keeps me company, encouraging me and bringing me hope.
Manaliiiii___
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Manaliiiii___ »

nicely described the story in the review .. could not wait to read it..
Abhinav88

Post by Abhinav88 »

I really fascinated by this book .This is interesting,and i like it and more books which are similar to this book
Jalal Hossain
Currently Reading: The Chrysalis and the Creatures of the Highlands
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Jalal Hossain »

I love the fact that he included pictures in the book.
Jalal Hossain
Currently Reading: The Chrysalis and the Creatures of the Highlands
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Jalal Hossain »

Thanks for the review . I would recommend this type of book to all the ages it gives inspiration
Dashaina Gibbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dashaina-gibbs.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Dashaina Gibbs »

This was a lovely and descriptive review! I generally don't go for Army stories, but do enjoy biographies and such. It sound like a book I might enjoy. Thank you for writing this review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”