Review by TheMazeRunner -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
John Owen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Baggage
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-owen.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 123%

Re: Review by TheMazeRunner -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by John Owen »

Lol. Multi versions of me in multiverses (a word stolen from Matthew Tysz's We Are Voulhire series)? This book seems fantastic. Great review.
Harmony in chaos. It's all a matter of perspective.
John Owen

Post by John Owen »

shravsi wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 05:45 This book is on my list for so long. I was worried that the multi-dimensional plot would confuse me. But your review has changed my mind. Thanks for the great review.
I'm wondering too. Can't wait to read it.
John Owen

Post by John Owen »

Olgamiell wrote: 18 Mar 2021, 02:53 The plot must be so interesting, I love books that play with the multiple universes concept. Thank you for your review, it’s really nicely written!
Me too!
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

I like the way you begin your review by diving into the tough part, I think, right away. I don't know how hard it is for some people to understand/believe in other dimensions - I imagine most do have a hard time with it. (Not like I'm an expert, or anything! Or that it's easy-peasy for me!) I also agree that the writer did a fantastic job merging the realities. I'm not a fiction writer, so I have to switch gears in a way to understand how much work writers go through to get things right, and I think that he, the writer, is either naturally really good at this, or he worked hard, or both! Nice review on such an interesting book!
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?
Clare Jose
Favorite Book: Let's Pretend This Never Happened
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clare-jose.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Clare Jose »

So looking forward to reading this. Thank you for your review.
Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile."
DANAWEB
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danaweb.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by DANAWEB »

A fiction with premise that there exist an alternate universe. Seems the book is living up to expectation based on your review! Thank you for the detailed review!
Anna Bookowski
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-bookowski.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by Anna Bookowski »

I wonder why you begin your review from such a blunt statement as that "We all believe this is the only existing world in the universe." Obviously it is not true, everyone has their own beliefs, and speaking for myself, I do believe in a multiverse theory and never even thought this world is the only one or the only true. This is also why I decided to read this book, it sounds extremely interesting to me! I'm glad to read in your review that the book has no more typos and is very well edited, as I saw that it was an issue in the previous edition. That's a good news! Can't wait to begin! I'm sure I will share your enthousiasm.
Anna Bookowski
Currently Reading:

Post by Anna Bookowski »

John Owen wrote: 19 Apr 2021, 00:51 Lol. Multi versions of me in multiverses (a word stolen from Matthew Tysz's We Are Voulhire series)? This book seems fantastic. Great review.
Multiverse is not a word stolen from Matthew Tysz, it is an actual word/expression used in physisc. There's an official Multiverse Theory and it derives from the latest quantum physics discoveries. It is also thought to be very possible. (Have you ever watched Rick And Morty? :lol: )
Kavita Shah
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

It's a good story. I always wonder what is the other me doing right now. Gary's world sounds illusional. The books sounds simple and complex. Great review!
Anna Bookowski
Currently Reading:

Post by Anna Bookowski »

Prisallen wrote: 17 Mar 2021, 08:41 It sounds like a wonderful book, although I find it difficult to believe that the same person can exist at the same time in two different dimensions. If Gary had gotten killed when he was hit by the truck, wouldn't that change the entire future of one dimension when compared to the other? Anyway, it seems like an interesting and thought-provoking book. Thanks for a great review!
The assumption is not that we exist in two different dimensions but in infinite number of them. Then each single action creates again an infinite number of possible consequences which again creates more of the dimensions, and so on. :tiphat:
Brianna_MC_griffin97
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brianna-mc-griffin97.html
Latest Review: Finding James by Nancy Blaha

Post by Brianna_MC_griffin97 »

I also enjoyed reading this story. I liked the scene where Gary and Michelle go on a skiing trip. It was a catastrophe because they both ended up getting hurt, but I thought it was adorable. I did not like the timelines where they were not together because they make such a great couple. This story will really make one think of all the possibilities that their life could have turned out to be. What was something in the novel that you just did not like and thought that information could be deleted from the story?

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”