Review by Zee_Zee -- Timewise by Robert Leet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Review by Zee_Zee -- Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Timewise" by Robert Leet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Everyone is born with hidden potentials. However, not everyone is lucky to identify and develop those potentials or meet people to help them.

Timewise by Robert Leet tells the compelling story of Ron Larsen, an orphan whose meeting with Regina Russo, a physics professor, changes his life. Ron, a 14-year-old chess player, meets Regina Russo at the Mills Falls Common. They play chess and strike up a conversation. Regina begins to volunteer at his school, and they become friends. Towards the end of high school, she encourages Ron to continue with school, but he isn't interested. After Ron's graduation, they lose contact. One day, Ron comes home to find Regina sitting on the steps of his apartment. In a bid to make Ron go back to school, she strikes a deal with him. However, Ron is about to uncover things about Regina that he doesn't know.

I found the book intriguing and some of the characters eccentric. However, the author created a real relationship between the characters, making it easier to understand how their minds worked. As a result, I found their interactions with each other credible. The book refreshed my memory of quantum physics and opened my mind to different probable outcomes that could arise from several situations, however imaginary they might be. As a result, I had a swell time reading this book.

I had several characters I loved. Ron, who was the main character, was brilliant, diligent, and loyal. I could easily visualize him as the dashing young boy who was enamored with his beautiful but much older friend cum mentor and did his best to impress her. As a result, some of his earlier successes could be attributed to his natural desire to impress Regina Russo. Regina seemed beautiful, unconventionally smart, a tad eccentric, mystical, and intriguing. Sheila was utterly charming, and I found her zest for life refreshing. I could go on and on; the character development in the book was excellent.

I liked that the author did not bombard me with scientific jargon. I was a bit skeptical at the beginning, having read novels with an academic theme. Thankfully, this book's scientific aspects blended into the storyline such that a layperson wouldn't be lost. This was my favorite aspect of this book. You wouldn't need a background in physics to flow with the story.

I enjoyed the book and found the story innovative; there was nothing to dislike. Though I found a couple of grammar and punctuation errors, I'd still rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I'd readily recommend it to lovers of science fiction with a touch of romance.

Timewise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Harry Benjamin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harry-benjamin.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Harry Benjamin »

Ron's life experience are what most orphans pass through in life. I felt bad for him.
Peace Eze
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-eze.html
Latest Review: Higher Connections by Eric Right and Alexandra Right

Post by Peace Eze »

This is a well written review. I enjoyed the storyline of the book.
Adeleye Seun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeleye-seun.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Adeleye Seun »

Ron's life changed for the better as a result of Regina entering it, therefore her arrival was undoubtedly a blessing. I liked reading this since it was motivating. Good work.
Yuna Chang
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yuna-chang.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Yuna Chang »

The characters in "Timewise" are well-developed and relatable, making it easy for readers to become emotionally invested in their struggles and triumphs.
Onyeka Dibor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeka-dibor.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Onyeka Dibor »

Ron's character development throughout Timewise adds depth to the story, as he transforms from an orphaned youth to a brilliant investigator of time's secrets.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”