Review by Jessica045 -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jessica045
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica045.html
Latest Review: George by James H Russell

Review by Jessica045 -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Jessica045 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever imagined what an alternate universe would look like? Worlds where everything also exist but in different manners. Worldlines is a 24 chapters and 341 pages sci-fi and fantasy book written by Adam Guest. It talks about the existence of different lives with same people of different personalities in different realms called ‘worldlines’.

Gary Jackson was almost a victim of an accident while out with his friends. Five years later, he and his fellow students are taught by professor Leyton Buzzard about the existence of different worlds with several possibilities of each world being unknown to one another. Few days later, Gary and his friends attended his best friend, Sinead's party. All was going great, until Michelle was stabbed, with strong evidence pointing to Gary as the murderer. How would he prove that it was not him but the outcome of a scientific theory? Just how would this mystery be unraveled? Read this book to discover what is next and find out the other character’s personality in the different Worldlines.

The book talks about 4 Worldlines; the blue line, the black line, the red line and the green line. Every event in each of these worlds are either partially or completely different from one another. Decisions or actions taken in a Worldline can affect other Worldlines. It is thrilling to read how much difference a single twist could create in the Worldlines.

I admire the style Adam Guest employed in writing the book. The book was structured in a way that, despite going in and out of different Worldlines, it was still understandable. The diction was also simple and concise. I guess, it’s because it talks about science, so, it was written in a way that anyone at all can pick it up, read, and understand it well. The author’s use of imagery helped in creating a pictorial description of events in the mind of the readers which facilitated more clarity. My favorite part was when Gary found out the possibility of the Worldlines theory being real.

Although, those who don’t know much scientifically, might consider the book confusing, I love the way the author was able to balance it up by writing in clear languages. Also, the way things ended for Gary Jackson in the blue line did not really go down well with me. I expected that justice would eventually prevail. In any case, the book is superb. The book was also written in the first person point of view making it sound real.

Although there are few errors in the book, this however, did not stop the smooth flow of the book. These errors are what a re-editing would take care of. I must also make mention of how the narrative technique: suspense, was employed to keep the readers reading. The book was also void of any profanity or sexual content. With these, I am giving the book a rating of four out of four stars. I recommend this book to lovers of science fiction novel. It is really worth the time.

Worldlines
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Miriam nkere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-nkere.html
Latest Review: Rosa, a Survivor from Terrorism by Dan Verin

Post by Miriam nkere »

Wow this book sounds really interesting, having for existing worlds and they affect each other, this is really captivating. Would really love to read this book. Good review
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

Thanks for an insightful review. This is one book that I've added in my shelf to read. I just imagined how it be like having another me elsewhere.
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

Miriam nkere wrote: 12 Jun 2021, 12:48 Wow this book sounds really interesting, having for existing worlds and they affect each other, this is really captivating. Would really love to read this book. Good review
Agreed. I read Worldlines as well and it has an interesting storyline. It was as if I were reading three novels in one. Really excellent review.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

The book has a truly unique plot. Thanks for the good review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”