Review by meiafidaa_7 -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ahñ Mèiã
Currently Reading: Atomic Habits
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ah-m-i.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Review by meiafidaa_7 -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Ahñ Mèiã »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Worldlines by Adam Guest is a combination of science fiction, fantasy, and romance novel about Gary Jackson who commits murder, but then he wakes up and realizes that it was a lucid dream. So he thinks that everything is okay, until his girlfriend's mother, Mary, who suffers from dementia, claims to have seen him committing the crime.

By chance, it happens that at university Gary and Sinead were studying about the Worldlines theory, so they consult the professor. According to the theory, there are many Worldlines and therefore, many versions of Gary. For example, in this Worldline, Gary is a survivor of a fatal accident with injuries because a lorry ran him over, in another Worldline he might have avoided the accident. And moreover, one version of Gary controls another version of himself in another Worldline, every time he's lucid dreaming and can do anything that the second version of himself won't remember doing. Can that be true? Is his consciousness drifting through those alternative Worldlines? And how many Worldlines can he control?

The theory is interesting, new, and catchy, so that's what made me like the book. I don't really believe in it, but personally, I think that sometimes you can communicate with someone else through a thought or a dream and that some dreams we have are sending us messages. Also, I think that the author did an excellent job in making it clear which Gary was narrating at every chapter and he wrote the book in an easy language so everybody can read and simply understand the theory, without needing to have a piece of great knowledge of science. Moreover, the suspense is really good and keeps you hungry for more.

I liked Gary with Michelle more than with Sinead. I could sense while reading the chapters about them like he really loved her so much, and although in the black line he got engaged with Sinead, I felt like he was thoughtless about Sinead. But, that doesn't say that I don't like how the story ends. This book left me thinking have I hurt someone without me noticing?

However, I have found some errors, but that didn't affect my enjoyment of reading the book. Regardless of this, I will give this book a rate of 4 out of 4 stars because I enjoyed it so much. And I would recommend this book to those who are interested in science, those who like thriller books and are curious about some of life’s mysteries.

Worldlines
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ahñ Mèiã

Post by Ahñ Mèiã »

It's fun to read
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

The author has posited an interesting theory. Sounds like a good book. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Ahñ Mèiã

Post by Ahñ Mèiã »

kandscreeley wrote: 07 Nov 2021, 16:27 The author has posited an interesting theory. Sounds like a good book. Thanks.
It's interesting and was well-wrriten. Something new to read about. Enjoy ^^
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Honest-reviewer »

I too have read this book. I totally loved it. The concept of parallel universe is fascinating. Great review.
Ahñ Mèiã

Post by Ahñ Mèiã »

Honest-reviewer wrote: 08 Nov 2021, 08:43 I too have read this book. I totally loved it. The concept of parallel universe is fascinating. Great review.
True. Thank you ^^
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

Science fiction, fantasy, and romance are all genres I'm fond of. I love when each one can be woven together in one great story. The worldlines concept sounds very cool. Lovely review! :D
Ahñ Mèiã

Post by Ahñ Mèiã »

Rashawn Carter wrote: 09 Nov 2021, 13:46 Science fiction, fantasy, and romance are all genres I'm fond of. I love when each one can be woven together in one great story. The worldlines concept sounds very cool. Lovely review! :D
Thank you! I hope you enjoy reading it 😄
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

I hadn’t considered a multiverse before reading this book. The author did a great job of describing the various worldlines. Thank you for your take on this read!
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Ahñ Mèiã

Post by Ahñ Mèiã »

MsH2k wrote: 21 Nov 2021, 02:11 I hadn’t considered a multiverse before reading this book. The author did a great job of describing the various worldlines. Thank you for your take on this read!
Yes, he really did a great job. It was so much fun to read 💛 Thank you for reading my review
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

You did a really nice job summarizing the plot of this story. Nice review on this intriguing book!
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?
Ahñ Mèiã

Post by Ahñ Mèiã »

Bigwig1973 wrote: 24 Nov 2021, 07:27 You did a really nice job summarizing the plot of this story. Nice review on this intriguing book!
Thank you so much *.* 😍

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”