Review by Goral -- Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Goral
Currently Reading: A Brief History of Time
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goral.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Review by Goral -- Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Goral »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Love, Grandma" by Ann Morris.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Love, Grandma is a children’s book written by Ann Morris. It is all about the special bond between a grandmother and her granddaughters, which is filled with fun and love.

Payton and her sister Haley enjoy spending time with their grandmother. They play with toys and games, read books, sing, dance, bake cookies and have sleepovers with their grandma, whose heart is full of love for her granddaughters. They cherish every moment together; it reminds grandma of her childhood. She likes watching them color the drive with beautiful sidewalk art, build houses with blankets and stools and do somersaults and cartwheels on her rug. But when grandma tries to perform a backbend, her back doesn’t support her and she falls. What happens next?

Love, Grandma is written in the form of a short poem in very simple words and is easy to understand. Each stanza is accompanied by colorful illustrations, which make it even more enjoyable. The tone is fun and lighthearted. Despite being a short book, the story is instilled with great values. It emphasizes the deep affection between family members and warm family relationships. It is an effective way to teach children about the role of their family members in their lives.

There is nothing that I disliked about the book. The author developed the characters so beautifully it made me fall in love with all of them, especially Payton and Haley. As I read the book, it brought back some cherished memories from my own childhood. I liked this aspect of the book the most.

I would rate Love, Grandma by Ann Morris 4 out of 4 stars for the lovely poem presented by the author. The book is professionally edited; I found no spelling or grammatical errors. It is suitable for children of all ages and is a great way to develop their interest in reading.

Love, Grandma
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
You can't buy happiness but you can buy books, and that's kind of the same thing
Mariana Figueira
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Cloud Atlas
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana-figueira.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Mariana Figueira »

I loved this book! It's really lovely, and your review was great. Well done.
"No two persons ever read the same book" Edmund Wilson
maggi3
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggi3.html
Latest Review: Paper Doll by Caitlin Strommen

Post by maggi3 »

This sound like a sweet book with a great message for children. Thanks for your detailed review!
Pronouns: they/them

:gay-rainbow:
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

This book is very touching and reminded me of childhood. It's a great read, and congratulations for the lovely review!
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

I finished this book recently too! I found it adorable. Thank you for your review! :D
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Dimi1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dimi1.html
Latest Review: One Woman's Long and Lonely Walk by Gail Hart

Post by Dimi1 »

It's a very straightforward review and the book is enjoyable. I would like to see a message, however, or some funny lines. Either way, great review!
Alheotuci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alheotuci.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by Alheotuci »

This seems like a heartwarming story. Thanks for a detailed review!
Marcel Cantu
Currently Reading: Under Another Sun
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marcel-cantu.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Marcel Cantu »

This seems like a beautiful children’s book! I really enjoyed your review thank you for your insightful work.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”