Review by lumenchristi -- What is priest Nation, The See...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Francis Aderogbin
Favorite Book: Money Faucet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review by lumenchristi -- What is priest Nation, The See...

Post by Francis Aderogbin »

[Following is a volunteer review of "What is priest Nation, The Seed, and the H5G" by Herbert Scholes.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Many believers trust the words of their leaders rather than the words of God. They tend not to know who they are or the authority they possess as Christians, so they just live a normal life. Herbert Scholes in his book What is Priest Nation, The Seed, And The H5G? exposes who believers are and what they do not know about their identities.

The book explains what the Priest Nation is and what it is not. It also explains what The Seed means as well as the meaning of The H5G (The High Five Gospel). He explains these three terms using the concepts of unification, priesthood, spirituality and carnality. He buttresses this fact by stating that the whole Bible from the old testament to the new testament is about spiritual and carnal beings. He iterates that the unification of the church is the primary aim of Christ and he further discussed the concept of priesthood.

The book started with the personal story of Herbert and how he got called into the ministry and it ended with the testimony of his wife, Pamla. I found the stories of both of them highly inspirational. There is one thing I like most about Herbert: it is his simplicity in presenting his arguments and the use of biblical references to support his points. This solidifies his line of thought for me. The use of the teachings of Martin Luther, Calvin and the fundamentalists in his arguments also give it more credibility.

I believe one of the reasons he wrote this book is to clarify his stand about his emblem - The Seed. It seems some people are against his ministry because, in several places, he pointed out areas where people oppose his use of the emblem to propagate his ministry. He said they thought he is raising an idol for himself, and this led him to do more research to justify himself. The result of his research even gives him more credibility when presenting his case in the book. It also opened my eyes to a new reality and gave me a better understanding of the concept of idols.

The inclusion of elements such as the emblem and its meaning, the legal documents of his ministry, the doctrinal documents of his ministry which was written based on scriptures and the H5G scripts confirms my belief that the book is written for clarification of the purpose of his ministry - Priest Nation Ministries.

If this book can be reformatted and made to pass through another series of editing, it will be even more acceptable. Because of the grammatical, punctuation and formatting errors, I will be rating this book 3 out of 4 stars. I enjoyed the explanation of the concepts discussed in this book. If not for the errors mentioned above, I would have rated it 4 stars.

I will recommend this book to everyone seeking their identity in Christ, to those that are confused about how to spread the gospel, and to those who want to solidify their opinion on who they are as believers. I will also recommend it for those that will not be offended by the religious content and want to gain more knowledge as regards Christianity. For me, it was very helpful as it clarifies some ambiguous teachings in the church as well as the impact of the H5G in spreading the gospel.

What is priest Nation, The Seed, and the H5G
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Abisolalawal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abisolalawal.html
Latest Review: Wellness Toolbox by Don Roberts

Post by Abisolalawal »

Thank you for this awesome review. The concept of the seed is somewhat ambiguous. I would consider the book because I'd like to see how the author of this book was able to streamline it down to his own emblem based on your review.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

This sounds like a good book for Christians to read. It also sounds like one that non-Christians who would like to learn more about Christianity should read. Hopefully, the author will get the errors fixed soon. Thanks for an informative and interesting review!
Marcel Cantu
Currently Reading: Under Another Sun
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marcel-cantu.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Marcel Cantu »

It seems like this book has good intentions and an interesting premise. I have seen multiple reviews on this book that have commented on the odd formatting and errors so that seems like something that could definitely be improved. Thank you for your work!
Precious Naiti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-naiti.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Precious Naiti »

This book seems enjoyable, especially to a Christian like me and seems to offer some terrific insights into the walk with Christ. Thank you for your very concise review.
Francis Aderogbin
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Abisolalawal wrote: 07 Apr 2021, 10:43 Thank you for this awesome review. The concept of the seed is somewhat ambiguous. I would consider the book because I'd like to see how the author of this book was able to streamline it down to his own emblem based on your review.
The seed in this concept refers to the emblem or logo of the Priest Nation Ministries. Thanks for stopping by.
Francis Aderogbin
Currently Reading:

Prisallen wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 22:17 This sounds like a good book for Christians to read. It also sounds like one that non-Christians who would like to learn more about Christianity should read. Hopefully, the author will get the errors fixed soon. Thanks for an informative and interesting review!
Thank you for your nice comment.
Francis Aderogbin
Currently Reading:

Marcel Cantu wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 08:22 It seems like this book has good intentions and an interesting premise. I have seen multiple reviews on this book that have commented on the odd formatting and errors so that seems like something that could definitely be improved. Thank you for your work!
I agreed with you on the formatting. Thanks for stopping by.
Francis Aderogbin
Currently Reading:

Precious Naiti wrote: 10 Apr 2021, 19:47 This book seems enjoyable, especially to a Christian like me and seems to offer some terrific insights into the walk with Christ. Thank you for your very concise review.
Thank you for your kind comment.
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

A few words got me puzzled but the review was all good. The truth shines bright. It also teaches to not fear the unknown.
viczboy16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viczboy16.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by viczboy16 »

This is an awesome review and i can totally agree with it . I did this book recently.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”