Review by Lois_B -- How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lois_B
Favorite Book: The Mindset
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lois-b.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Review by Lois_B -- How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Lois_B »

[Following is a volunteer review of "How To Be Successful" by M. Curtis McCoy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How To Be Successful: Think Like A Leader is an inspirational, life-changing, self-help book written by M. Curtis McCoy. By the time Curtis McCoy was 27 years old, he was already incredibly successful. He owned several companies in different industries. But things took a turn for the worst when he was diagnosed with a glioblastoma brain tumor. Curtis McCoy was given just 60-90 days to live by oncologists. Desperate to save his life, his family took him to Tijuana, Mexico to seek medical treatment. Not knowing whether he would live or die, he chose to inspire as many people as he could in his short time.

How To Be Successful: Think Like A Leader contains snippets of real-life conversations with successful people like M. Curtis McCoy himself, Jeff Wobig (a US Navy SEAL sniper), Eric Payne (Managing Partner at Venture Advocates), and many other successful people. There are long conversations with these people on several important topics such as what their definitions of success are, their strengths and flaws, their daily routines, their various decision-making processes, books they have read more than once, and so forth.

This book contains tips and tricks for living a successful life. It teaches us to have a positive outlook towards life no matter the situation we find ourselves in. It teaches us not to take ownership of misfortune. This particular tip resonated so much with me, and I am pretty sure it resonates with a lot of people as well. Curtis McCoy says that we should not say things like, “my brain tumor,” “my depression, ” or “my sickness.” In short, do not personalize misfortune.

This is just one of the many helpful topics he touched on in this book. This book is helpful to anyone who needs a daily dose of motivation because frankly speaking, who doesn’t? It is also recommended for people who are trying to start a business. The author made several references to Bible verses which I had no reservations against. But I would not recommend this book to people who are easily triggered by religion as it contains a lot of religious talks. I did not come across a single grammatical error while reading this book. Therefore, I would say that this book was well edited.

In light of the aforementioned reasons, I would give this book a solid rating of 4 out of 4 stars. It was well-written, very inspirational and I think that everyone should go grab a copy of this book and thank me later!

How To Be Successful
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”