Review by KanaSmriti -- Rise of the Savior: Acolyte of T...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
KanaSmriti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanasmriti.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior: Acolyte of Truth by Antoine Bonner

Review by KanaSmriti -- Rise of the Savior: Acolyte of T...

Post by KanaSmriti »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Rise of the Savior: Acolyte of Truth" by Antoine Bonner.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Every person has both good and evil inside him. We decide our paths by our way of thinking and our choices. The theme of Rise of the Savior: Acolyte of Truth by Antoine Bonner is about the never-ending fight between good and evil. Although, the author discussed both physical and mental war in this novel.

Amanda and Saira are two sisters who live peaceful lives with their parents. Amanda is 18-year-old, and Saira is 6-year-old, and they are totally different from each other. Amanda is sensitive, but Saira is emotionless. The problem started that day when Amanda's car was caught in heavy rain, and her father got seriously injured as he was with her. This accident led the sisters on an unexpected journey and introduced them to a whole new world. Slowly, they understood that the accident was only the beginning of their problems.

Jamie is a doctor who has a son with brain cancer and a wife who's having an affair. Jamie is a simple person whose life is full of problems. A father can sacrifice everything for his son, and Jamie also did it. But is it ok to kill someone to save your child? Is it right to end someone's life to save your son? What would you do?

Three innocent lives got stuck in a supernatural war that is going on from the beginning of time. Amanda, Saira, and Jamie became acolytes, and they forcefully got involved in the fight between good and evil. Deities, acolytes, other worlds, superpowers, witches, supernatural fight scenes, etc made this novel super exciting. Some parts of this novel will make you laugh, some will also make you cry, sometimes it will make you think, and you won't be able to stop reading.

I mostly liked the author's style of writing. He described every scene very well. The fighting scenes were as beautiful as a Hollywood movie since I felt breathless during those fight scenes. My favorite scene was not a fight scene, but it was the reaction of Jamie's last breath. That scene was my favorite part of this entire novel.

The author presented the human psychological state as a whole different realm and called it as kundalini realm. The author used some Sanskrit words like kundalini, prana, etc in this novel.

There was nothing that I didn't like because the novel was very entertaining and action-packed, and it was also very involving and full of twists and turns. Every character got enough scope to evolve so that the readers get acquainted with them.

I give this novel a 4 out of 4 stars. I didn't give it a 3 because I didn't find anything that I didn't like. It was professionally edited since I found very few typos. There was no erotica, but I found some profanity. I recommend this novel to people who love superheroes and good fight scenes.

Rise of the Savior: Acolyte of Truth
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sunnyroyish
Currently Reading: Journey of a Bedroom Poet
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunnyroyish.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Sunnyroyish »

Awesome!
Life is just a parenthesis in the vastness of infinity.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 758
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Life at the Precipice by R.F. Vincent

Post by Bertha Jackson »

I will have to check this book out. It sounds interesting. Thank you for your review.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
KanaSmriti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanasmriti.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior: Acolyte of Truth by Antoine Bonner

Post by KanaSmriti »

Bertha Jackson wrote: 10 May 2021, 21:10 I will have to check this book out. It sounds interesting. Thank you for your review.
Thanks.
Sakura5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakura5.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sakura5 »

The conflict between good and evil is something almost as old as the world, and this book seems to describe this ancestral fight very well. Nice review!
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Acolyte of truth is a something I want to read about. The cat on the cover is so beautiful. And thank you for a wonderful review!
DANAWEB
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danaweb.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by DANAWEB »

A character driven story about two sisters and their lives. Thank you for the detailed review!
taejin jin
Currently Reading: My "Enemy" in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taejin-jin.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Post by taejin jin »

Cool review. I wasn't expecting it to take a supernatural turn so that was such a twist. I'll have to check this out!
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The North Factor
Bookshelf Size: 1662
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

I find that this fits how one child excels at sports and is extroverted; where another excels at academia and is introverted yet they both have the same parents and were raised the same way. It is an interesting phenomenon that this book embodies. Great review.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
Cheryl Erickson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-erickson.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Cheryl Erickson »

Wow, I have never read anything like this book before. It has several interesting plot lines, especially being pulled into a supernatural war. I also want to know more about the kundalini realm and what part it plays in the story. Thank you for writing such an engaging book review!
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 277
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Fleeting Moments by Michelle da Silva Richmond

Post by Christell Lindeque »

Wow this book sounds like an emotional roller coaster but in a good way. I like the plot of the story and I am interested in what happens in it. Great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”