Review by Serenity2010 -- There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Serenity2010
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serenity2010.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Review by Serenity2010 -- There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!

Post by Serenity2010 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!" by Trish Ostroski.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

There is a Rooster in My Bathroom: A Quest for Meaning in the Bathroom, the Boardroom, and Beyond by Trish Ostroski produced a well-constructed, self-help book of sorts. Mrs.Ostroski uses her life experiences to provide readers with advice about seizing opportunities in life, overcoming obstacles in life. Her experiences include work she did in Los Angeles in advertisement and theatre, people she met along the way that influenced her life, her volunteer work in the Peace Corps, and more. Mr. Ostroski talks about losing her condo during an earthquake, hardships of job changes, and becoming a hypnotherapist.

At the end of each Chapter, Mr. Ostroski provides readers with an insightful quote. These quotes could revolve around improving your life, living a better life, helping others, and taking chances. The book includes pictures of her adventures and important people she met for readers to enjoy. Overall interpretation of the book is to provide readers with wisdom about life based on her experiences.

There is a pleather of life lessons provided in this book. Most self-help books I read have been dry, and they drone on.There is a Rooster in My Bathroom is different and unique. The book is whimsical, catchy, and comes from Mr. Ostroski's own life. What I appreciated most about the book is how easy it to follow the short chapters and catchy phrases Mrs. Ostroski used throughout each chapter kept me engaged. The writing style makes it easy for anyone to learn something from this book. The titles of each chapter are fun, and they fit each life experience she shares.

Here is one of my favorite quotes " When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive-to breath, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius.

There is nothing negative about the book. My favorite portion is Mr. Ostroski's time in the Peace Corps. During her time in Moldova, she learned about the culture of the people and brought new ideas from the United States to help their community. The best piece of advice I took from this book is life is what you make it. Teaching is something I have always wanted to do. First grade is my dream grade because my first-grade teacher saved me. After reading this book, I started my search to complete the student teaching portion of my degree next school year.

I rate There is a Rooster in y Bathroom: A Quest for Meaning in the Bathroom, The Boardroom, and Beyond a four out of four stars. The writing style is the main reason I gave Mr. Ostroski four stars for her book. There are no profane words or obscene scenes, and the flow is easy to follow. There are only a few grammatical errors. I recommend the book to teenagers looking for advice on life and adults who want to refresh their minds about life lessons or learn something new. Readers, like me, can also use this book to fulfill their enjoyment of reading during their downtime.

There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

I have read this book, and it is always good to hear different perspective from other readers such as yourself about it. I didn't rate it the full stars just like you because I felt it did not live up to its promises, but after reading your beautiful review, I understand why you had to rate it the full stars. Job well done.
Serenity2010
Currently Reading:

Post by Serenity2010 »

Mtibza eM wrote: 13 May 2021, 13:48 I have read this book, and it is always good to hear different perspective from other readers such as yourself about it. I didn't rate it the full stars just like you because I felt it did not live up to its promises, but after reading your beautiful review, I understand why you had to rate it the full stars. Job well done.
Thank you for your kind comment!
J_odoyo
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-odoyo.html
Latest Review: Epicenter by Carrie Hannah

Post by J_odoyo »

Sounds like a great book. I like it the author uses her life experiences to provide readers with advice about seizing opportunities in life. I'll check this one out. Thanks for this incredible review.
The more books you read the more choices you have
– Toni Morrison
DANAWEB
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danaweb.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by DANAWEB »

A book about seeking opportunities and overcoming obstacles in life. This should be an interesting read for anyone. Thank you for the detailed review!
Jagiine
Currently Reading: Children of Virtue and Vengeance
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jagiine.html
Latest Review: A Collection of Poetry by Cheree Scott

Post by Jagiine »

Thanks for your review! I usually don't read self-help books, but I appreciate the ones that are written in a fun way. If I'm going to hear about someone's life experiences, I want their tone to come across, especially if it's sarcastic or witty!
Serenity2010
Currently Reading:

Post by Serenity2010 »

J_odoyo wrote: 14 May 2021, 01:36 Sounds like a great book. I like it the author uses her life experiences to provide readers with advice about seizing opportunities in life. I'll check this one out. Thanks for this incredible review.
She does and the way she writes her story will keep your interest. Thanks for commenting!
Serenity2010
Currently Reading:

Post by Serenity2010 »

Jagiine wrote: 15 May 2021, 14:18 Thanks for your review! I usually don't read self-help books, but I appreciate the ones that are written in a fun way. If I'm going to hear about someone's life experiences, I want their tone to come across, especially if it's sarcastic or witty!
It also not a long story so you can enjoy this book in one day! thanks for commenting!
Serenity2010
Currently Reading:

Post by Serenity2010 »

DANAWEB wrote: 15 May 2021, 13:47 A book about seeking opportunities and overcoming obstacles in life. This should be an interesting read for anyone. Thank you for the detailed review!
Thanks for stopping by!
Joseph Mburu 1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Joseph Mburu 1 »

. I like it the author uses her life experiences to provide readers with advice about seizing opportunities in life. I'll check this one out. Thanks for this incredible review.
Namaste23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-namaste23.html
Latest Review: Did you know by Ashok Bhaskaran

Post by Namaste23 »

Great review! It sound like an inspiring book and it's so cool it caused you to look further into teaching. Thanks!
Miriam nkere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-nkere.html
Latest Review: Rosa, a Survivor from Terrorism by Dan Verin

Post by Miriam nkere »

Great review, the title is really catchy, self help books are very wonderful, it's help ls us in seizing opportunities and making the best use of it.
Serenity2010
Currently Reading:

Post by Serenity2010 »

Joseph Mburu 1 wrote: 19 May 2021, 05:09 . I like it the author uses her life experiences to provide readers with advice about seizing opportunities in life. I'll check this one out. Thanks for this incredible review.
I liked that about the book too. It is not just a list of tips. Thanks for commenting!
Serenity2010
Currently Reading:

Post by Serenity2010 »

Namaste23 wrote: 19 May 2021, 13:16 Great review! It sound like an inspiring book and it's so cool it caused you to look further into teaching. Thanks!
Thank you! Yes this book pushed me to finish up my student teaching portion of my degree.
Serenity2010
Currently Reading:

Post by Serenity2010 »

Miriam nkere wrote: 20 May 2021, 03:20 Great review, the title is really catchy, self help books are very wonderful, it's help ls us in seizing opportunities and making the best use of it.
Yes! Thanks for commenting!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”