Review by Naaya123 -- Purgatory's Angel by B Hughes-Millman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Naaya123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naaya123.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Review by Naaya123 -- Purgatory's Angel by B Hughes-Millman

Post by Naaya123 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Purgatory's Angel" by B Hughes-Millman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Purgatory's Angel by B. Hughes Millman is a novel filled with demons, angels, fallen angels, and more. We follow a woman named Jaime Conner who kills demons in their dreams. Demons who kill and torture their victims. She, herself, being a dark angel, would like to return back to heaven. In order to return back to heaven, a demon she intends to kill must overpower and kill her first. One morning, she wakes up only remember bits of her dream. A dream about a strikingly handsome demon. The fact that she could not remember much but pieces of the dream comes as a surprise since she always happens to remember her dreams perfectly.

The male lead, Collin Leary, is seen by Jaime the next day at work, which, she finds alarming due to him being the demon in her dream. She goes on to feel many emotions such as confusion, fear, lust, and doubt. Most of all, she struggles to decide whether to want him or kill him.

This novel is by far one of the most intense and intriguing stories I've come across. The main character, Jaime, was absolutely fantastic. She won me over quickly with her strength and courage. She was my favourite character and was quite captivating. I liked her driven attitude and the way she was a mixture of good and bad. When it came to Collin, I found myself waiting for him in every chapter. I felt like he was the fresh breath of air I kept wanting to inhale. I loved them together and would anticipate their romance every step of the way.

There wasn't anything I disliked about this novel. It was intriguing, sexy, fun, and intense. It was well written, I detected no grammatical errors and was quite impressed by the authors creative writing style. It was fun and interesting to read.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because I absolutely loved it. I couldn't find any flaws and found myself having a hard time putting this novel down. The more I read, the more interesting it got. I couldn't give it anything less than a perfect rating.

I recommend this novel to readers who love reading stories about demons, angels, and heaven. I do believe this to be a novel suited best for those who love romance. It contains mature scenes from time to time and therefore, it's more appropriate for the ages 18 and up. Purgatory's Angel is a seductive, page-turning, amazing novel, I encourage you to give it a try.

Purgatory's Angel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

I love books about demons and angels and love discover new perspectives! It seems like an engaging book, so I'll add it to my list. Thank you for your great introduction!
Marcel Cantu
Currently Reading: Under Another Sun
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marcel-cantu.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Marcel Cantu »

Wow this sounds like an intense story! I am not sure this book is for me, but I enjoyed reading your thoughtful and compelling review!
Naaya123
Currently Reading:

Post by Naaya123 »

Raluca_Mihaila wrote: 10 May 2021, 02:47 I love books about demons and angels and love discover new perspectives! It seems like an engaging book, so I'll add it to my list. Thank you for your great introduction!
I'm sure you'll love it. Thank you for stopping by!
Naaya123
Currently Reading:

Post by Naaya123 »

Marcel Cantu wrote: 10 May 2021, 06:26 Wow this sounds like an intense story! I am not sure this book is for me, but I enjoyed reading your thoughtful and compelling review!
It was absolutely intense. Thank you for your kind words!
Sakura5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakura5.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sakura5 »

I just finished watching the tv series "Lucifer" and was looking for something similar to it because I loved the topic. This one definitely seems like the book I was looking for! Thanks for your thrilling review!
Naaya123
Currently Reading:

Post by Naaya123 »

Sakura5 wrote: 11 May 2021, 11:00 I just finished watching the tv series "Lucifer" and was looking for something similar to it because I loved the topic. This one definitely seems like the book I was looking for! Thanks for your thrilling review!
I've been meaning to start that tv series. Thank you stopping by!
Mercy119
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fireside119.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Mercy119 »

Such an enthusiastic review! A work f fiction about angels and demons sounds interesting, but it's the relatable characters and gripping writing style that draws me to it.
Naaya123
Currently Reading:

Post by Naaya123 »

Fireside119 wrote: 11 May 2021, 14:47 Such an enthusiastic review! A work f fiction about angels and demons sounds interesting, but it's the relatable characters and gripping writing style that draws me to it.
I completely agree. To me, relatable characters complete the book. Thank you for stopping by!
Mbrooks2518
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbrooks2518.html
Latest Review: The Portal by Russell Cederberg

Post by Mbrooks2518 »

I'm not a fan of romance novels, but this sounds like a great one for people who are. Great review!
Naaya123
Currently Reading:

Post by Naaya123 »

Mbrooks2518 wrote: 12 May 2021, 10:29 I'm not a fan of romance novels, but this sounds like a great one for people who are. Great review!
Thank you!
Mariana Figueira
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Cloud Atlas
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana-figueira.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Mariana Figueira »

Sounds incredible, I've read fantasy novels about angels and demons but nothing like this. Thanks for the wonderful review!
"No two persons ever read the same book" Edmund Wilson
Naaya123
Currently Reading:

Post by Naaya123 »

MarianaFigueira wrote: 12 May 2021, 16:35 Sounds incredible, I've read fantasy novels about angels and demons but nothing like this. Thanks for the wonderful review!
It was incredible, something new. Thank you for stopping by!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Though the plot sounds interesting, I don't enjoy romance much. Therefore, I don't think this is for me. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Naaya123
Currently Reading:

Post by Naaya123 »

kandscreeley wrote: 12 May 2021, 19:36 Though the plot sounds interesting, I don't enjoy romance much. Therefore, I don't think this is for me. Thanks.
Thank you for stopping by!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”