Review by Nathaniel Owolabi -- Rise of the Savior: Acoly...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nathaniel Owolabi
Favorite Book: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-owolabi.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Review by Nathaniel Owolabi -- Rise of the Savior: Acoly...

Post by Nathaniel Owolabi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Rise of the Savior: Acolyte of Truth" by Antoine Bonner.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Amanda, an unsure teenager, is at an important stage of her life and now ought to start making important life decisions. However, she has no idea what destiny has in store for her, as her world gets upgraded from the mundane into the supernatural world of acolyte, deities, and kundalinis. While still struggling with her plans, she is tasked with the responsibility of saving the world. And then, we see the young, irresponsible, selfish, diffident, irrational, and naïve 18-year-old girl turn into what her destiny would have her be, the savior of the world, in a very short period of time through the help of her super-smart sister and a group of supernatural human beings.

Rise of the savior: Acolyte of Truth is a very entertaining book, the characters are written in a very unique way, with personalities that the readers can relate to. Amanda for instance strikes me as an average teenager who is still trying to figure out life, and really has not gotten it right yet. Her sister, on the other hand, strikes me as an intelligent, young girl who lacks social skills. Antoine Bonner captures my attention every time I begin reading the action-packed scenes, the way he portrays the fights in the book is magnificent. I have to say that is one of the best attributes of this book.

As well written as this book is, I did see a couple of places where Antoine Bonner could have done better. The number of characters in the book is a little high. Although the number of the cast of characters was not a problem in itself, there were times when I felt Antoine was not managing the cast of characters well enough because they were numerous. This came to light in chapter 14, page 92 where he mistakes the name of a character(Leyna) for another(Ameena) because of the sheer number of the characters and how closely interwoven they were. It did get a little confusing sometimes. I should also mention that the book was not well-edited, it contained several typographical errors. Also, there were times when I felt the author skipped certain information leaving the reader to fill it up with assumptions. I do not think it was something he did intentionally, so, I think it might have been an omission.

The cast of characters that Rise of the savior: Acolyte of Truth portrays are very interesting, they were able to keep the story going, and keep the reader transfixed until the very end. This is one of those books where the reader can develop a connection to the characters. Although there are some imperfect areas in the book, I still think that Rise of the savior: Acolyte of Truth deserves a rating of 3 out of 4 stars.

This book would be a very good read for lovers of fiction and action. The story is one that would impress any fiction lover. However, if you do not like books that have some religious content, such as the mention of deities and reincarnation, then this book is not for you.

Rise of the Savior: Acolyte of Truth
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Elisa Joy Ocasla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elisa-joy-ocasla.html
Latest Review: Speech! by Simon Prentis

Post by Elisa Joy Ocasla »

I am always keen on fiction and I perceive this one appeals to me. Character development is highly observed in this creation. Thanks for this great review!
Oye Timothy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oye-timothy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Oye Timothy »

This seems like a book a teenager would learn a lot from. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”