Review by Fay Fay Fay -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fay Fay Fay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fay-fay-fay.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Review by Fay Fay Fay -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Fay Fay Fay »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

21-year-old Gary’s life was perfect. He had loving parents, a stable life, and the woman of his dreams. He had almost everything that he could ever ask for. All that changes when he is arrested for a crime that he is pretty sure he did not commit. A crime that he never in a million years would ever dream of committing. As adamant as he is that there must have been a mistake, the witnesses and the security camera say otherwise. His friends must race to understand the problem at hand. And the true criminal must figure out a way to absolve Gary of this crime and ensure that he is not wrongfully convicted. But there is one problem. This repentant criminal lives in an alternate universe and the only way that anyone from his Earth can communicate with any other person from Gary’s own Earth is through lucid dreaming.

This novel titled Worldlines that is written by Adam Guest can be said to be the author’s own way of pondering, contemplating, and explaining the multiverse theory that like so many physicists and people out there, he might believe in. A war of theories has ensued between several factions of the postulators concerning the veracity or otherwise of the multiverse theory. This theory stipulates that there may be more than one Earth and that our every action creates different possible outcomes that play out in the different universes that exist. I cannot say that I believe this theory, but this book got me thinking really hard of the possibility of this being true.

Although I am not a physicist, Adam Guest, through this book schooled me on different theories, jargons, and terminologies that are come to physics. Even though I can say that this book is entertaining, I must also say that I learnt a great deal from it too. Adam Guest also infused a lot of suspense in the book. I cannot say how many times I was convinced that Gary would be convicted, just to turn around to believe that he would not in the light of new developments in the book. I was almost driven mad with excitement, which is a good thing by the way. This is a testament to how much I enjoyed reading the book.

Of course, since this is a review of Worldlines, my review would not be complete without stating whether or not the editing was done on a professional level. Since I was able to pick out just two minor errors from the book, I can proudly say that it was indeed edited professionally. I must also let you know that the book was written so beautifully that the author succeeded in making me see no negative feature in it. This, in turn, made me cherish this piece of literature. In fact, I loved this book so much that I would not mind buying tickets if ever this piece was made into a movie.

4 out of 4 stars is what the editing, plot, lessons, and the book in its entirety get from me. I cannot dream of giving it anything less than that. If you are a physicist, a science geek, or a sci-fi fan, then I will be right to say that Worldlines is right up your alley. This is one book that will spark conversations between you and your pals and challenge your imagination for many days to come.

Worldlines
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

Your summary in the first paragraph is very good! It's a difficult book to summarize and you did a nice job of it. It would be an interesting movie: for some reason I picture a young and more athletically dressed version of Eric Burdon from the classic bands The Animals and War as Gary(s). I've no idea why. It sounds like you really enjoyed the book!
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”